Role: Marketing Manager, Content
Reports to: VP of Marketing
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 11 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is looking for a Marketing Manager, Content to create compelling marketing campaigns. We are looking for an excellent communicator who effortlessly blends strategy with execution and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment. As a Marketing Manager of Content, you will collaborate with other members of the team to define an integrated content marketing strategy that aligns to our brand messaging and speaks to buyer problems and industry themes. You’ll create and edit content that spans demand generation, reputation programs, sales enablement, and events. In addition, you will build, manage, and optimize content marketing business processes for content marketing.
This position requires prior responsibility for executing content marketing programs across all channels including the website, sales collateral, webinars, case studies, social media, and conferences & events.
What you will do:
- Lead the collaborative process of ongoing content strategy and manage editorial calendars, review processes, and other business processes related to the content lifecycle (development through retirement)
- Understand and help implement customer journey, and target content specific to the entire customer lifecycle, from top-of-funnel lead through renewal and up sell
- Write and edit web and email content, case studies, white papers, ebooks, and other marketing collateral, along with business and company related content
- Ensure that content generated by multiple members of the sales, engineering, and product marketing teams consistently align to brand and voice standards
- Partner with the sales team and subject matter experts to understand revenue opportunities and develop content that addresses the opportunity in a compelling way.
- Support demand generation programs with content designed to increase market and revenue share
- Create a portfolio of marketing tools that support sales including presentations, collateral, competitive positioning and thought leadership content
What you need:
- 3- 5 years of professional experience in marketing (preferably in tech and/or open source industry), with a proven track record in developing highly effective product positioning, messaging, sales presentations and marketing content
- Self-motivated, organized, and a strategic thinker
- Strong analytical skills and enthusiasm for data-driven marketing
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of sales and marketing funnel and measurements
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote areas
- Experience collaborating with sales, marketing, and technical SMEs
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Strategic thinking
- Experience with technical content
- Demonstrated ability to convey positioning and message themes across a wide range of content types (from social posts to white papers, and points between)
- Providing samples to demonstrate your exceptional writing capabilities
- Experience in Enterprise Software Marketing
- Open Source experience
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!