Role: Demand Generation Manager
Reports to: VP of Marketing
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 11 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
The Demand Generation Manager will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting demand-building programs leveraging our marketing automation system and various digital tools and platforms. As a key member of the marketing team, the ideal candidate must demonstrate a command of marketing fundamentals, be passionate about digital marketing technologies, and be a strong communicator and collaborator to serve as a liaison with sales, product marketing, and product management teams.
The selected candidate will bring a bias for measurement and optimization, will have a strong process orientation, and will combine an analytical perspective with creativity and a strong command of marketing fundamentals.
What you will do:
- Design demand programs and campaigns to acquire and nurture leads to conversion, and to drive customer engagement and retention
- Deploy a broad toolkit of tactics to deliver on pipeline goals, including email marketing, virtual and live events, content marketing, search marketing, web experiences, account-based tactics, and more
- Contribute to the development and execution of an overall events strategy for the marketing organization
- Set up programs and reporting inside marketing automation systems, track analytics associated with campaigns, and oversee the work of internal and external agencies
- With marketing operations, manage the implementation, tracking, ROI measurement and KPI reporting of demand gen and marketing campaigns
- Develop and edit content for use in marketing tactics based on buyer personas and their problems
- Manage programs according to budget guidance and track and report spending
- Partner closely with the web team to formulate content strategy and A/B testing strategy
- Actively engage in campaign tracking and conversion optimization
- Serve as a strong cross-functional partner to product marketing, business development, sales, and open-source team
What you need:
- 3-5 years demonstrated success in designing, executing, and optimizing high-impact demand programs in B2B technology space
- Experience in paid media strategy (content syndication, media partnership, SEM) and managing agency partnerships
- Excellent writing and content strategy skills
- Experience with integrating marketing campaigns to acquire and retain customers
- Experience in digital marketing, email marketing, paid social marketing, and A/B testing required.
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills, a command of demand marketing metrics, and a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with marketing software and digital tools, including Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, and Unbounce
- Experience with account-based marketing, ideally coupled with familiarity with tools such as Terminus and leandata
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and carry out initiatives end-to-end
- Team player, no job too big or too small attitude
What will make you stand out:
- Intellectual curiosity and strong marketing strategy orientation
- Experience in Data Science, ML, or AI industry
- Understanding of Open Source Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Why you’ll like working here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!