Role: Sr. Director, Product
Reports to: CPO
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 12 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Sr. Director, Product to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating market-leading products and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, coach and grow Anaconda’s product management and product marketing organizations
- Develop and drive the product growth strategy by employing a keen understanding of customers and prospects, competitive environment, and unmet user needs through active engagement with users
- Work closely with engineering and product marketing to drive execution of our strategy
- Articulate the product vision to key stakeholders to gain support and generate excitement
- Own the end-to-end product lifecycle and roadmap in partnership with the CPO.
- Work directly with our product, engineering, operations and product marketing leadership teams to deliver the roadmap.
- Oversee trade-offs and prioritization within an Agile development environment.
- Translate market opportunities and customer problems into clear product strategy
- Advise Senior leadership on product decisions and strategy
What You Need:
- 10+ years of B2B product management experience in ML, AI or Data Science Space
- Proven ability to lead and grow high performing teams
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization and self-motivation
- Technical background in a hands on technical role in the past
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- IaaS and software infrastructure experience
- Software development lifecycle experience
- Undergraduate degree in STEM field
- MBA or equivalent business experience
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees First culture
- Work home Wednesdays (optional)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.