Role: Implementation Engineer
Reports to: Director of DevOps and Implementation
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 6 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Implementation Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a high level of expertise with our Enterprise products.
- Scope product proof of concepts and production deployments so that they are delivered on-time and at budget.
- Support customer proof of concepts and production deployments via phone, WebEx and (occasional) on-site visits.
- Transfer required product knowledge to customer IT teams.
- Provide regular product feedback to internal engineering teams.
- Develop expertise in technologies related to our Enterprise products, such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Hadoop.
- Work closely with the Sales Engineering, Platform Engineering and Enterprise Support teams to ensure a seamless transition of our accounts from a prospect, to a new customer, to successfully deployed customer.
- Participate in update training and other events that help share one’s product skills with others on the team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Need:
- 5 plus years of relevant experience
- Deep Linux system administration knowledge
- Kubernetes and Docker familiarity
- Hands on experience with one or more scripting language
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and debugging applications in diverse environments
- Experience working with complex networking environments (firewalls, subnets, NAT, VPN, proxies)
- Consulting background and/or a high level of comfort working directly with customers
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with clients (written and verbal) in a technology support context
- Desire to work closely with sales, engineering and product teams
- Desire to contribute to technical documentation, FAQs, Troubleshooting Guides, feature specifications, bug reports
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Deep Kubernetes and Docker hands on experience
- LDAP or Active Directory experience
- Cloud and VM deployment experience (AWS, OpenStack, VMWare, Vagrant, Docker)
- Big Data (Hadoop/Spark/Hive) experience.
- DevOps mindset
- Attention to detail
- Natural curiosity and desire to share knowledge
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Wok home Wednesdays (optional)
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options