Director, Enterprise Sales- West
Reports to: CRO
Location: Any Western US City
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With over 12 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform.
Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. We strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Director, Sales- West to evolve and scale the field sales organization for our rapidly growing organization. The Director will lead a team responsible for Anaconda’s net new business and renewals across the Western US. You will hire, develop and lead a team of quota-carrying Enterprise Reps covering all Enterprise customers and prospects in multiple verticals across the Western part of the US. The ideal Sales Leader for this position will have the ability to collaboratively develop a sales strategy, implement key growth initiatives, and increase the productivity of the sales team.
What You’ll Do:
- Creates and executes sales strategies to meet Anaconda’s revenue goals in partnership with the CRO for the West region.
- Leads a team of Enterprise Sales Executives in achieving or exceeding individual and team quota
- Supports direct reports by participating and leading in customer meetings or engaging other resources as required
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and mentoring new reps
- Conducts weekly forecast meetings and Consistently monitor the sales activity of the team, and tracking the results
- Reports on sales results, sales activities, and forecasts to senior management
- Quotes, negotiates, and assists sales reps in closing highly complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with key customers
- Manages daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Conducts weekly and monthly one-on-ones and team-wide reviews, meetings and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement.
- Works closely with extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, and renewals business partners
- Other duties as needed
What You Need:
- 12+ years of enterprise sales experience in a high growth organization
- Experience selling an enterprise platform product
- Demonstrated success in hiring, developing and leading a high-performing enterprise sales team within a software sales environment
- Successful history of closing business, and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Expertise at developing, implementing, and improving a high impact sales process
- Successful track record in a large customer fast paced sales environment
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Should be able to thrive in a very rapidly changing environment
- A strong history of executing lead generation life cycle, reporting, and pipeline analysis
- A strong desire to learn
- Bachelor’s degree
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Wok home Wednesdays (optional)
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre-IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!