Role: Director of Engineering
Reports to: SVP of Engineering
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
With over 6.5 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular Python data science platform.
Anaconda, Inc. continues to lead open source projects like Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy that form the foundation of modern data science. Anaconda’s flagship product, Anaconda Enterprise, allows organizations to secure, govern, scale, and extend Anaconda to deliver actionable insights that drive businesses and industries forward.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Director of Engineering to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and drive daily engineering operations and activities across the Anaconda Enterprise engineering teams – ensuring that critical deliverables are tracked and managed
- Help organize and drive regular engineering planning exercises
- Be a strong advocate and driver for the Agile/SCRUM process at Anaconda
- Attend and facilitate daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning meetings, sprint demos etc.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering leadership and other key stakeholders to help manage engineering roadmaps, short term and long term release plans, and delivery schedules to meet company and product goals. Ensure that expectations are aligned with deliverables
- Coordinate deliverables, dependencies, and schedules across the Anaconda Enterprise Engineering organization
- Work with QA team to ensure highest level of product quality and stability
- Help establish the cadence and manage the timely rollout of new releases
- Help establish and measure key performance indicators to manage operational metrics and improve the performance of the engineering team
- Communicate engineering strategy and vision to the engineering organization
- Consult on a regular basis with leadership to align expectations and deliverables
- Other duties as needed
What You Need:
- 10+ years of experience with enterprise software development
- Strong practical experience with both Agile and SCRUM
- Proven track record of successful rollouts for large enterprise software or platform product suites
- Proven ability to drive the engineering teams to be accountable for on-time delivery of quality features and products
- Experience in working with Product Management to map product roadmaps to engineering schedules
- Experience with summarizing and presenting key information, and proven ability to influence and drive decisions at the executive level
- Able to motivate, inspire and drive engineering teams to drive a culture of excellence and pride of ownership
- Experience working in a high growth, start up environment
- Strong customer service mindset and great attention to detail
- Ability to work cross-functionaly across multiple teams and departments – identifying any hurdles to progress and improving internal and cross-functional communications and processes
- BS in computer science or a related field
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working with containers technology (docker and kubernetes)
- Experience in and prior responsibilities around managing engineering and/or product line budgets and financial plans
- Experience in handling multiple requirements from customers, product management, support and other key stakeholders and help negotiate the best possible solution to maximize product value with limited technical resources
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!