Role: Data Science Trainer
Reports to: Manager, Training
Location: Austin, New York NY, or remote in US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 6 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and health care industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is seeking a Data Science Trainer to join the team. We develop and deliver training on Anaconda Enterprise, which empowers organizations to develop, govern, and automate ML/AI pipelines from laptop to production, quickly delivering insights into the hands of business leaders and decision-makers.
All of our courses, taught by Data Science experts, embody the philosophy that the best way to learn is with hands-on experience applied to real-world problems. These courses are taught online or in-house at a client's place of business.
We’re looking for an individual with outstanding analytical abilities and excellent communication skills. Someone who is comfortable explaining technical computing and scientific subject matter to individuals with backgrounds ranging from novice to expert fluidly. Someone who will be responsible for constructing robust teaching and assessment materials in conjunction with other trainers and developers.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver Anaconda training classes including introductory Python and Data Science topics and best practices for Anaconda Enterprise users and administrators
- Must be able to travel 25% of the year to deliver courses
- Create, enhance, and maintain existing core lesson materials for Anaconda training classes (including pre- and post-training assessments)
- Distill broadly-defined teaching materials into concrete, practical learning objectives amenable to assessment
- Become an expert Data Scientist utilizing cloud-native technologies implemented in Anaconda Enterprise
- Become an expert administrator of Anaconda Enterprise
What You Need:
- MSc. (or BSc. with 3+ years relevant work experience in a tech-related sector) in a STEM discipline
- Demonstrated ability to convey rigorous concepts from computing or data science to non-experts
- Teaching experience at the college/university level
- Outstanding proficiency in the Python scientific software stack (including numpy, scipy, matplotlib, pandas, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in Python machine learning (scikit-learn) and Deep Learning packages (Keras/Tensorflow)
- Proficient with Anaconda Distribution, conda packaging and environments
- Strong proficiency int common development tools and environments (e.g., git/github, iPython/Jupyter notebooks, MarkDown, etc.)
- Strong scientific background in some particular application domain (e.g., astrophysics, quantitative finance, bioinormatics, etc.)
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Ph.D. in a STEM or Data Science discipline
- Experience with data science projects and infrastructure in an enterprise environment
- Experience with cloud-based tools: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience with cloud-native technologies: Building microservices, Docker, Kubernets, etc.
- Experience with tools and applications for scale-up and scale-out (parallelization, big data, GPU computing, etc.)
- Software development and engineering skills
- Experience in multiple programming languages used in scientific computing and data science (C/C++, R, etc.)
- Training in Education with an emphasis on evidence-based methods of assessment and validation of diagnostic instruments
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Intrinsic curiosity with desire to teach and learn
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees First culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!