Role: Contracts Attorney
Reports to: CFO
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 6 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Contracts Attorney to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your tech skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new experience in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage contract workflow, from intake to obtaining signatures and provide contract lifecycle support to stakeholders
- Advise on customer negotiations, including commercial aspects of the deal structure
- Partner with Sales to manage complex deal structure processes, close plans and timelines for high-priority deals
- Serve as point of contact for cross-functional partners for contractual matters, including responding to process and status questions
- Proactively draft, revise, redline, and negotiate contracts
- Collaborate with stakeholders to interpret contracts and drive resolution of disputes related to contractual provisions
- Ensure contracts are approved, amended and/or terminated in accordance with relevant Company policies
- Support audit requests from Finance
- Develop and/or revise policies related to contract workflow in coordination with management and other partners
- Assist in the improvement of knowledge and document management infrastructure
- Anticipate and guard against legal risks. Research and respond to questions that arise from daily business.
- Other Duties as assigned
What You Need:
- 5 plus years of relevant law firm or in-house experience as a Contracts Administrator or Attorney
- Attention to detail and the ability to multitask, remain flexible, proactive and resourceful and perform at a high level in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Experience with negotiating MSA’s or similar technology contracts with large enterprise customers
- Experience with procurement processes and functions at other technology companies and a passion for improving legal operations and contracting processes;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and comprehension skills; and
- Team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross-functional organizations.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Juris Doctorate degree
- Startup experience
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre-IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!