Role: Anaconda Consultant
Reports to: Director of Technical Consulting
Location: Austin, TX; DC; NYC
Job Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 6 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Be An Anaconda Champion!
Anaconda consultants work directly with customers to champion the use of Anaconda Enterprise and the Anaconda Distribution in production-ready analytics, machine learning, and AI solutions. A successful engagement is a synergistic collaboration between customer and consultant, combining the customer’s domain knowledge with our Anaconda expertise. More than just software engineers, Anaconda Consultants are advisors, trainers, architects, and implementors, all at the same time.
In addition to superior technical competence and communication, Anaconda Consultants must possess a broad knowledge of the Anaconda data science ecosystem. Anaconda and DataCamp have teamed up to offer a full complement of online course materials that cover our most sought-after skills, and an Anaconda Data Science Certification to demonstrate mastery.
A completed ADSC is not required to become an Anaconda Consultant, nor is the completion of any of specific DataCamp coursework. However, DataCamp is an enjoyable, engaging, cost-effective way for anyone to fill in gaps in their data science skill set. Many of our own team members continue to develop their knowledge using DataCamp. If you have completed any of their courses prior to your application, do let us know!
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the Anaconda Consulting Engineering team
- Understand the technology/architecture of a client’s system
- Translate business requirements to technical implementation
- Be involved in the architecture decision-making process
- Recommend feature requests, enhancements and best practices to product marketing from client experience
- Occasionally present at technical conferences
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You Need:
- 3+ years of enterprise software development experience
- Fluency in Python and the core data science packages in the ecosystem
- Mastery of Anaconda’s package and environment management technology
- Core infrastructure and tooling experience
- BS in computer science or a related field
- Superior communication skills; English fluency
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a client-facing environment
- Experience in the financial, healthcare, or utility sectors
- Security clearance (must have for DC hires)
- Experience coding in R
- Experience with both Agile and SCRUM
- Full-stack development experience
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!