Role: Engineering Intern
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Internship
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 20 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning.
We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open-source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk (or “what employees like most about working here” is that we are not just a company, but a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community strive to democratize data science and create and promote open-source technologies for a better world.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Engineering Intern to join our rapidly growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your skills and passion for creating a unique culture and gain new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with executing software test plans, analyzing and writing test standards and procedures and maintaining documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Troubleshoot issues involving system configuration, behavior, and performance
- Run tests to ensure proper functioning of system in various environments
- Design and develop tools for automation and process improvement
- Analyze large quantities of data to find trends or indications of potential issues
- Develop productivity skills by constantly improving knowledge of core infrastructure and tooling, the build system, as well as testing best practices
- Implement well-defined (sub-)tasks and commit code to peer review
- Attend daily SCRUM meetings, sprint planning meetings, etc.
- Work with other teams to coordinate joint deliverables
- Work with QA team to ensure highest level of product quality
- Other duties assigned
What You Need:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field
- Hands on experience in java or python
- Possess an innate understanding of technologies coupled with a deep curiosity to always learn more
- Core infrastructure and tooling experience
- Excellent critical thinking capabilities
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working hours