Amylyx was started in 2013 by two Brown University students who had an ambitious goal: to improve the lives of people with neurodegenerative diseases by addressing the root cause. Their research and close collaboration with the ALS community ultimately resulted in our first commercial product, which is now approved in the U.S. and conditionally approved in Canada.
At Amylyx, we’re bringing together talented people like you who are guided by our values to be Audacious, Curious, Authentic, Engaging and Accountable in the fight against neurodegenerative diseases like, ALS, Alzheimer’s disease, Wolfram Syndrome and others.
Rediscover your purpose and reimagine your career at a company whose founders, mission, and culture are unlike any other in life sciences—in all the best ways.
Recent milestones include:
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved RELYVRIO™ in September of 2022
- Health Canada approved ALBRIOZA™ with conditions in Canada in June of 2022
- AMX0035 is currently under review with the European Medicines Agency
- 350 employees globally, with headquarters in Cambridge, MA, US and Amsterdam, the Netherlands -- and growing strong!
As a Neurology Key Account Manager (KAM) you will represent Amylyx and AMX0035 for the treatment of ALS and future approved indications; providing disease and product education to external customers including academic centers of excellence, multi disciplinary treatment teams to include physicians, nurses and support staff within the assigned territory.
You will be accountable for implementing sales strategies for Amylyx consistent with company compliance standards, as well as all applicable legal requirements for key targeted Health Care Providers (HCPs). In addition, you will pull through access and drive utilization and adherence for AMX0035 for appropriate patients and coordinate commercial efforts with internal teams (Marketing, Operations, Medical, National Account Managers and Field Reimbursement Team).
Amylyx is a growing organization and the vision and voice of the Neurology Key Account Manager combined with the work they do in the field, will be vital to the organization’s success.
- Build and develop professional relationships with specialists in the field of treating ALS to include Neurologists, Nurses / NPs, Case Managers, Social Workers and other members of the multi-disciplinary team as required
- Leverage expertise and knowledge of the disease state, local marketplace, applicable competitors, and overall industry to drive utilization of AMX0035. Neurology KAM will be responsible for executing cross-functional activities and successfully managing business opportunities and challenges with key thought leaders
- Effectively communicate account strategy and business insights with customers and internal stakeholders
- Prioritize time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of assigned territory and targets, work collaboratively with field based Reimbursement Specialists and introduce the benefits of the Amylyx Care Team
- Fully understand and meet assigned customer’s product and business needs, while adhering to company ethics and compliance standards
- Consistently achieve/exceed sales objectives in assigned territory, operating with the highest level of ethics, utilizing compliant business practices
- Create, maintain, and execute strategic business plans reflecting a thorough understanding of local market conditions
- Develop and maintain in-depth disease state, therapeutic clinical, and scientific knowledge
- Demonstrate aptitude in educating the clinical community through face-to-face calls and promotional speaker events
- Appropriately use all marketing tools and resources to further the selling process across all stakeholders
- Provide a high level of customer service to all targeted accounts and appropriate stakeholders
- Track activities and submit reports accurately and on-time
- Represent Amylyx at regional and national congresses and meetings
- Manage territory budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences, business-related discipline or BSN
- Minimum 8 years of pharmaceutical sales experience
- Proven, documented track record of consistent sales success
- Ability to build and strengthen lasting relationships with providers in physician practices and hospitals where access may be challenging
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to travel 50% overnight including weekends
- Valid driver’s license
- Neurology experience strongly preferred, especially building relationships with physicians referring, diagnosing and/or treating neuromuscular disorders
- New product launch experience in the last three to five years
- Experience calling on physicians in the hospital setting
- Prior clinical or healthcare provider experience a plus
To return to our website please click here.
Amylyx is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical matters), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Accommodations are available for candidates who require them in our selection process. If you need an accommodation, please let your Amylyx Talent Acquisition contact know.