Amylyx was started in 2013 by two Brown University students who had an ambitious goal: to improve the lives of people with neurodegenerative diseases by addressing the root cause. Their research and close collaboration with the ALS community ultimately resulted in our first commercial product, which is now approved in the U.S. and conditionally approved in Canada.
At Amylyx, we’re bringing together talented people like you who are guided by our values to be Audacious, Curious, Authentic, Engaging and Accountable in the fight against neurodegenerative diseases like, ALS, Alzheimer’s disease, Wolfram Syndrome and others.
Rediscover your purpose and reimagine your career at a company whose founders, mission, and culture are unlike any other in life sciences—in all the best ways.
Recent milestones include:
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved RELYVRIO™ in September of 2022
- Health Canada approved ALBRIOZA™ with conditions in Canada in June of 2022
- AMX0035 is currently under review with the European Medicines Agency
- 350 employees globally, with headquarters in Cambridge, MA, US and Amsterdam, the Netherlands -- and growing strong!
The Head, Inventory & Cost Accounting will be the subject matter expert in the organization for global cost of sales and inventory accounting including development of related processes, policies, controls, and documentation.
This highly impactful role will be responsible for the buildout of the inventory and cost accounting function to enable the development and sustainability of best practices for commercial launch. This role will also collaborate closely with internal and external partners on monthly inventory accounting, performance of operational analyses and ensuring inventory and cost of sales are appropriately capitalized and valued in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
Reporting to the Head, Global Accounting & Finance Operations this position requires in-depth practical cost accounting expertise, strong leadership and presentation ability, an analytical mindset, critical thinking, adaptability, and organizational and task management skills.
- Develop and manage complete and accurate standard costs, related budgets and forecasts, management of variances, monthly inventory accounting in coordination with Supply Chain team, performance of operational analyses and ensuring inventory and cost of sales are appropriately capitalized and valued in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Act as the company's expert in standard cost and inventory management.
- Liaison with outsourced manufacturing partners, Supply Chain, FP&A and other partners regarding inventory transactions and manufacturing activity.
- Oversee global inventory and cost accounting, including standard cost development and month-end closing activities.
- Analyze and address purchase price and production variances.
- Lead cost of goods sold budgeting and forecasting in collaboration with FP&A and Supply Chain teams.
- Implement standardized processes and best practices for efficient inventory management.
- Prepare and analyze actual results and variances for inventory and cost of goods sold.
- Collaborate with finance and Supply Chain teams to improve reporting and automation.
- Maintain documentation required to support 10-Q/10-K financial statement presentation of inventory and cost of goods sold.
- Support major company strategic initiatives, including global expansion(s), new manufacturing strategies and assessments of new business opportunities by determining accounting influence on future proposals, and discussing the effects with operations and the Finance team.
- Manage external audit deliverables related to inventory and cost of sales, and ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls.
- Coordinate annual physical inventory counts globally.
- Partner with IT team to manage and oversee inventory and cost accounting systems for all locations globally.
- Undertake special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or Business. CPA/MBA Preferred.
- 10+ years of cost accounting experience and a strong understanding of US GAAP.
- 3-5 years supervision experience with ability to influence without authority across the organization.
- Previous oversight of inventory month-end closing procedures in a publicly traded fast-paced drug development/pharma company including financial statement flux analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Ability to conduct business during non-standard hours to meet the needs of a global business.
- Ability to work independently to direct multiple priorities and develop efficient business solutions.
- Change Management experience required to garner consensus across diverse group.
- Deep understanding of manufacturing operations, inventory valuation, cost accounting and inventory ERP systems.
- NetSuite experience required; FloQast/Blackline preferred.
- Experience working in a multi-currency, multi-country environment.
- Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience in a commercial company highly preferred.
- Occasional travel (less than 5%).
To return to our website please click here.
Amylyx is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical matters), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Accommodations are available for candidates who require them in our selection process. If you need an accommodation, please let your Amylyx Talent Acquisition contact know.