With recent approvals in the US and Canada Amylyx Pharmaceuticals is launching a new drug for the treatment of adults with ALS.
If you are looking for a place where your work can have a deeper impact than you ever imagined and where you can be true to yourself – Amylyx is the place for you!
At Amylyx, we’re bringing together talented people like you who are committed to solving for humanity’s most devastating diseases, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer’s disease, and others—all in a uniquely supportive, respectful environment that rewards innovative thinking, committed teamwork, and boundless curiosity.
Rediscover your purpose and reimagine your career at a company whose founders, mission, and culture are unlike any other in life sciences—in all the best ways.
We provide a competitive employee benefits package including stock options and RSUs; flexible work options including hybrid and remote; discretionary time-off; comprehensive healthcare, including dental and vision coverage; and retirement savings benefits.
The US Patient Service Lead, West is a critical member of the US Patient Services Team reporting to the Head, US Patient Services. The primary purpose of this role is to provide leadership to a team of Patient Services Care Coordinators and Care Support Specialist responsible for providing best in-class patient support through clear goals and objectives. Additionally, they will be responsible for providing strategic direction, identifying opportunities to streamline processes, ensures team adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, and oversight of the overall patient experience through supportive and compassionate support offerings.
- Manage day-to-day operations to deliver best in-class support service through clear case management goals and objectives
- Identify, set, and coach towards achieving team performance objectives and goals
- Monitor team productivity levels, identifying opportunities to optimize operational efficiencies, conduct monthly call quality reviews, and case audits
- Monitor and manage case workload for Care Coordinators and Care Support Specialist to ensure even distribution of work and territory alignment coverage
- Partner with Pharmacovigilance to ensure teams timely and accurate reporting of any potential adverse events
- Proactively identify and work cross-functionally to improve the patient experience with Sales, Marketing, and Market Access in a compliant fashion
- Partner with payers, specialty pharmacies, and other partners to ensure team understanding of reimbursement process to best support patients and healthcare providers
- Ensure optimal connectivity between back-end 3rd party hub support by establishing standing meetings and accountability to performance KPIs
- Identify and coordinate process changes and CRM improvements with internal IT partners
- Partner with field sales, Regional Access Managers (RAM) and marketing to ensure healthcare providers understand patient support offerings in a compliant fashion
- Create and train team on applicable Work Instructions and Call Guides to ensure patient journey milestones and unique educational needs are met
- Support Care Coordinators with any escalated case and help troubleshoot issues for timely resolution
- Partner with Legal and Compliance to ensure team and vendors are following all applicable policies and procedures
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 plus years of direct management experience in a patient support services environment
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of reimbursement and 3-5 years’ experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Must be able to support West Coast hours of operations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change
- Must exhibit strong emotional intelligence, compassion, and positivity
- Ability to provide analyzed data, reports, and presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Patient Support Services Leadership, Pharmaceutical, Rare Disease, Neurology
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Candidates should be aware that Amylyx’s current COVID-19 policy requires that all newly hired US-based employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their employment start date. Amylyx may amend its COVID-19 policy going forward, including, but not limited to, requiring booster vaccinations. Amylyx is an equal opportunity employer. As required pursuant to federal, state, and local law, Amylyx will provide a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement where vaccination is not a requirement of the role for which the employee is being hired and is not an undue hardship to the company.
To return to our website please click here.
Amylyx is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical matters), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Accommodations are available for candidates who require them in our selection process. If you need an accommodation, please let your Amylyx Talent Acquisition contact know.