With recent approvals in the US and Canada Amylyx Pharmaceuticals is launching a new drug for the treatment of adults with ALS.
If you are looking for a place where your work can have a deeper impact than you ever imagined and where you can be true to yourself – Amylyx is the place for you!
At Amylyx, we’re bringing together talented people like you who are committed to solving for humanity’s most devastating diseases, including amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer’s disease, and others—all in a uniquely supportive, respectful environment that rewards innovative thinking, committed teamwork, and boundless curiosity.
Rediscover your purpose and reimagine your career at a company whose founders, mission, and culture are unlike any other in life sciences—in all the best ways.
We provide a competitive employee benefits package including stock options and RSUs; flexible work options including hybrid and remote; discretionary time-off; comprehensive healthcare, including dental and vision coverage; and retirement savings benefits.
Amylyx is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and detail-oriented individual to join our fast-paced team as a Head, Corporate Accounting. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated success in building, improving, optimizing, and scaling business processes across the organization and have experience in the corporate accounting department of a publicly traded global commercial life sciences organization. This role is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, which include daily accounting/month end close, intercompany and consolidation, AP, Payroll, Equity Administration, and ERP system oversight. You will be adept at ensuring processes and procedures are in place to produce accurate and timely financial reports, have the ability to maintain an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This role will report to the Head, Global Accounting & Finance Operations.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the corporate accounting function, including month end close and accruals, ERP system ownership, intercompany & consolidation, AP, T&E, Payroll and Equity administration.
- Execute on corporate accounting’s long-term strategy and goals and evaluate future organizational design and structure in support of business growth.
- Ensure credibility of the corporate accounting group by providing timely and accurate results.
- Develop policies, processes, templates, and best practices to be used to support the Company’s objectives.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement within the team that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Anticipate business needs, responsibly assess accounting risks and make effective decisions to address as well as develop recommendations to senior management.
- Ensure proper internal controls and systems are in place to meet company objectives and compliance requirements.
- Review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations, journal entries, and other documents to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Drive the quarterly and annual audit process.
- Ensures that the Company’s financial reports are prepared in compliance with internal policies, US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to team members / supporting employees. Provide guidance and support to team members / employees.
- Recruit, lead, mentor and facilitate the growth of the corporate accounting team.
- Other ad hoc analysis / projects as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 15+ years of combined public accounting and public biotechnology company experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP, SOX and SEC reporting requirements.
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience.
- Experience in the corporate accounting department of a publicly traded global commercial life sciences organization.
- Strong attention to detail, decision-making, time management and organizational skills.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience managing a team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
- High-energy leader experienced in leading a corporate accounting team in a fast-paced, high-growth company, with a willingness to take a hands-on approach.
- Experience with R&D contract and accrual accounting and SOX compliance.
- Experience leading and building a scalable and disciplined corporate accounting function with significant growth.
- Deeply committed to accuracy and pride in attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere and ability to problem solve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: Candidates should be aware that Amylyx’s current COVID-19 policy requires that all newly hired US-based employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their employment start date. Amylyx may amend its COVID-19 policy going forward, including, but not limited to, requiring booster vaccinations. Amylyx is an equal opportunity employer. As required pursuant to federal, state, and local law, Amylyx will provide a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement where vaccination is not a requirement of the role for which the employee is being hired and is not an undue hardship to the company.
To return to our website please click here.
Amylyx is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical matters), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Accommodations are available for candidates who require them in our selection process. If you need an accommodation, please let your Amylyx Talent Acquisition contact know.