Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Amwell is seeking a motivated and energetic Technical Support Specialist to join our Customer Support team. In this Customer-facing role, your primary focus will be to deliver world-class support and solutions to our Amwell customer base. You will provide guidance and resolution on a wide range of technical product support issues. You will work on technical service requests that our Level 1 support teams have been unable to resolve. You will liaise with our Tier 3, Hosting, Engineering, and Customer Success teams when needed to assist with troubleshooting problems for our Customers. The Technical Support Specialist will play a critical role in the success of our relationship with enterprise clients and end users of Amwell’s technology. Strong communication skills, critical thinking, attention to detail, and a passion for customer experience are all key attributes for this role.
- You will assist customers in resolving technical issues and document all customer interactions in case management software (ticketing) in a timely manner.
- Assist Tier 3, developers or other team members with obtaining data/details for troubleshooting purposes.
- Be an advocate for the Customer, relating to each case with empathy and urgency so as to build a lifelong relationship with Amwell
- Create, track, and manage incoming support tickets with the utmost sensitivity to the Customer’s experience and needs
- Utilize a variety of tools and techniques to review, investigate, and resolve individual support cases related to any of Amwell’s product lines
- Troubleshoot technical issues and reproduce recurring software and hardware issues for resolution or dev/vendor escalation.
- Deliver exceptional experiences by providing timely and effective responses to Customers and internal teams using a variety of communication channels (phone, email, chat, etc.) aligned with the urgency of the case
- Handle time-sensitive situations with a calm and professional demeanor
- Streamline the resolution process by providing thorough and accurate ticket documentation including timelines of events, key findings, and steps taken to reproduce the issue.
- Help drive servicing excellence by providing input to knowledge articles and training materials that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Customer Support
- Support critical incident management efforts by providing case troubleshooting insights and/or Customer information as needed
- Provide input to help track and report recurring product and vendor performance trends, escalating these insights when needed
- Stay informed on new product releases, configuration updates and procedures to ensure we deliver exceptional quality
- Provide rotational On-Call Support after-hours
- Grow to become a subject matter expert in all product workflows
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- 2 years of technical support experience in Customer-facing software and applications support (web and mobile) using all modalities (eg email, phone, chat)
- Experience with Operating Systems experience including Windows, Windows10, OSX, iOS, and Android
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Desktop conferencing (Teams, Zoom, etc)
- Strong knowledge of one or more general-purpose programming (Java, Python)
- Familiarity/exposure to technical troubleshooting (WebRTC, integrations) using tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Elasticsearch (Kibana), Rhapsody, FHIR, etc is a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence) and Salesforce is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and/or relevant certifications (A+, ITIL, GCP) preferred.
- Good understanding of application troubleshooting and RCA (root cause analysis) with a wide range of approaches, tools, and techniques
- Maniacal customer focus with a passion to be part of the telehealth transformation.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across diverse audiences (internal peer groups, Customers and Clients, third-party vendors, etc.)
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, interruption-prone environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and work through complex problems, utilizing structured problem-solving methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, templates)
- Proficient at performing application log analysis and creating stories, depicting timeline of events and errors
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical hourly wage range for this position is $22.46 - $30.88. The actual hourly wage offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. This role may also be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific wage range based on the above factors listed.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance