Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Clinical Knowledge Manager is the hub of information and asset management for program development within our clinical chat platform. They are responsible for overseeing all knowledge-related activities, including the management, capturing, sharing and accessibility of knowledge assets such as clinical workflows, logic, rule sets, conversation modules and related conversation design assets.
As a new role within the organization, the Clinical Knowledge Manager supports the development of complex clinical “chat” programs within our conversation platform. They will define and establish processes and tools to transform clinical workflows and requirements into program and conversation design assets. This includes partnering with internal clinical informatics, clinical modelers, conversation design and implementation teams. This includes managing communications, processes, workflow, and documentation; establishing standards and best practices to ensure coordinated and efficient knowledge management.
They are required to work alongside key stakeholders, internal and external, to promote and optimize the usage of the organization’s knowledge assets. As a key team member within Program Design & Development, knowledge managers are expected to keep themselves and others in the clinical informatics and conversation design teams accountable for compliance to Program Development standards.
The Clinical Knowledge Manager role will report to the Director, Strategic Content Design in partnership with Clinical Informatics.
- Work with internal clinical informatics and conversation design to define and manage reusable clinical and program design assets for clinical chat programs.
- Organize knowledge artifacts/documents and reconcile with chat scripts and other assets
- Promote collaboration and knowledge sharing through defining, supporting and encouraging the use of knowledge assets to employees of all skill levels and roles
- Ensure that knowledge management technologies are up-to-date and working according to function,
- Control the accessibility and flow of knowledge within the organization and to external parties
- Help capture new knowledge with the usage of a knowledge database
- Monitor progress by leveraging analytics to assess the impact, engagement, functionality and effectiveness of knowledge management strategy
- Provide relevant coaching, training and support to champion new processes among team members to help ensure quality and scalability
- Degree in library sciences or advanced degree in biomedical informatics or applied knowledge management experience
- 5+ year experience knowledge management such as library sciences, or informatics in support of healthcare
- 5+ years experience project management
- Comfort and familiarity with a range of software tools (Sharepoint, Microsoft 365, Lucidchart/Visio, Confluence, Jira, etc.) to produce documentation and figures, manage tasks, etc.
- Demonstrative experience creating and managing a database of assets/CMS or similar software for the organization and management of information
- Ability to work remotely with dynamic teams across a wide range of time zones, and stay on top of multiple projects
- Project and program management
- Communication and influence
- Content management, technology and data fluency
- Experience working in healthcare industry
- Experience working in fast-paced, technology-focused environment
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $78,160 - $107,470. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance and management discretion. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance