Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As the SR. Technical Program Manager, Solution Delivery, you will report to the Director of Product Operations and play a central role in managing our Product delivery within the Enterprise Platforms organization and with Amwell partners. Through quantitative and qualitative measures, you will convert product priorities into tactical execution plans and manage timelines and progress. Working closely with market-facing teams, you will optimize key aspects of our Product delivery from requirements through delivery, and work with Product Managers and Engineering leaders to optimize and unify throughput.
The SR. Technical Program Manager will drive value to our customers and team members in a timely manner by managing delivery, providing coaching, and driving transformation with high quality. This versatile role will be part project and program manager, part Agile practitioner (RTE, Scrum Master, Agile coach), process improvement engineer, change manager, and part consultant. We are looking for someone well-versed in connecting people and organizations and identifying, managing, and simplifying complex interdependencies. This role will leverage expertise rooted in industry best practices, internal knowledge, and organizational navigation skills.
Technical Program Management for Solution Delivery
- Become a subject matter expert in how Amwell delivers products to its clients
- Provide ongoing updates on progress, risks, change management, and issue resolution
- Makes connections across teams and work streams to drive identification and facilitation of interdependencies. Navigates dependencies across complex matrixed organizations and internal, client, and third-party technical delivery teams.
- Accountable for defining the program structure and creating a single, unified plan to deliver on the program requirements.
- Facilitates decision-making and clarity on objectives, priorities and measures. Maintains scope documentation and decision logs to provide clarity to program stakeholders.
- Accountable for identifying, assessing and mitigating program risks and issues, and removing impediments.
- Develops presentations and communications related to program delivery or program management practices that incorporates complex strategy and a clear understanding of corporate communications theory and practice.
- Explains information and persuades others in complex situations. Effectively interacts, negotiates, and influences project teams and business partners to deliver acceptable solutions and results.
- Understands the key business drivers as they relate to Amwell programs. Adapts to the various internal procedures and forms close links with the business partner representatives, ensuring that the key issues of cost, time, scope and above all, client satisfaction, can be realized.
- Drives decision-making and issue-resolution utilizing actionable data and metrics.
- Manages vendor relationships and holds strategic partners accountable to meet defined commitments.
- Designs and implements an optimized framework for Amwell solution delivery
- Responding to requests for new technology deployments with project estimates, participates in the prioritization of new work.
- Expands program management operating practices and assists with PM talent acquisition
- Coaches junior program managers and training program management competencies to internal resources.
- Program Management Artifacts: Refines & maintains project plans, status reports, issue resolution/logs, risk mitigation plans, change control, critical path diagrams, burndown charts, production readiness plans, testing strategy, etc., so the solutions delivery team can operate efficiently and effectively.
- Collects and communicates both qualitative and quantitative data related to the effectiveness and quality of our program management area of practice
- 7-10+ years in Solution Delivery (project, program, product delivery)
- Exceptional project and program management abilities; ability to influence without direct authority
- Strong understanding of software development processes. Experience with agile software methodologies; Agile/Scrum certification a plus
- Strong understanding of product management processes
- Demonstrated examples of exceptional emotional maturity and EQ
- Experience working in a Software/SaaS and/or healthcare environment in Program Management
- Exceptional business acumen; demonstrated ability to speak in business terms, understands market drivers and related constituent needs
- Understanding of healthcare delivery, including healthcare privacy & data standards (HIPAA, SOC2, GDPR, FHIR, WCAG etc)
- Worked in small, start-up environments as well as larger environments with the savvy to know how to best scale and build organizational capabilities, processes, and tools
- Outstanding organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passionate team player who is dedicated to the growth and development of the company, product, team, and individual
- Fluency in project management tools (SmartSheet, Jira, Confluence) for program planning and execution
- Strong analytical skills, with experience using Google Analytics and Looker preferred (or similar enterprise BI tool)
Energetic, forward thinking, analytical and resourceful are a few words that describe the Operations, Enablement, and Solutions Delivery team at Amwell. This innovative team optimizes processes to deliver products that delight users and works closely with current and future customers as the operational experts of the Amwell R&D organization. Each member of this dynamic group works very collaboratively, defining, maturing, delivering, and communicating the product development processes and projects across all other Amwell teams.
We enjoy working with colleagues inside and outside of the organization, and making our ideas come to life! If you love technology and want to be surrounded by a team of intelligent, fast-paced and energetic team members, this may be the team for you! Come join the excitement!
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
The typical base salary range for this position is $129,120 - $177,540. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance