Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
We are seeking a Senior Release Engineer to join the team to help build upon and improve the existing release management process, the governance around it and to play a critical role with design, engineering, development and deployment of software for the Converge Technology Platform. This person will also help lead all aspects of the planning, tracking, and reporting of the Technology life cycle management related efforts. You will be working in a highly functional, agile and innovative team that is responsible to drive product delivery for a successful telehealth platform. Which involves a data centric architecture, that leverages cloud-based computing, and cross-domain transfer systems providing cutting edge virtual care delivery platform. The platform team will advance in mission-focused tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
- Scheduling, planning, & controlling the software's release & deployment process.
- Coordinate with the software development & operations team for delivery of services.
- Maintain a roadmap view of all planned (on-cycle & off-cycle) releases across teams.
- Manage the upfront communication with stakeholders for all changes in Production.
- Schedule and run Go-NoGo meets for every release.
- Standardize and maintain branching strategy to be followed by team members across domains.
- Identify potential risks that could impact the timelines of deliverables.
- Creation & tracking of implementation plan for each deployment & release.
- As a change manager, create a process for proper approvals to be in place before a change goes.
- Define and implement multiple gates that should be cleared before code moves across environments.
- Identify the approvers that make decisions and own responsibility for each gate.
- Create, define and improve processes for hotfixes.
- Define and control blackout windows before and after every release to prevent production downtime.
- Create & keep refining a checklist for each type of releases, the steps to be implemented before, during & after release.
- 4+ years experience working as a Software Release Engineer for large scale systems using agile methodology
- Demonstrable experience in release management cycle to include hotfixes, defect tracking, production operations status demonstrable knowledge with managing and overseeing entire release reporting
- Demonstrable experience in documenting releases, risks and in maintaining the schedule of planned releases and ability to lead software release meetings and oversee release team execution to deliver product on-time
- Experience/knowledge of key Agile processes and techniques
- Experience with facilitating scrum for the team (Planning, Retrospective, Grooming & Review/Demo)
- Experience with Gitlab (workflow), JIRA, and Confluence
- Knowledge of engineering concepts (requirements, design, etc.), and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems and release management cadence
- Familiarity with GitFlow development model
- Familiarity with continuous integration/continuous development tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, or equivalent)
- Experience with leading technical teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with testers, systems engineers, architects, software developers, management as well as ability to work with multiple teams to release software
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience with 8+ years in software development, release management, system engineering or related field
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
The typical base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $137,500. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance