Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As the Program Manager, Product Operations, you will report to the Director of Product Operations and play a central role in executing our Product strategy. Through quantitative and qualitative measures, you will convert product priorities into tactical execution plans and monitor timelines and progress. Working closely with internal stakeholders, you will optimize key aspects of our Product cycle from feature conception through delivery, and work with Product Managers to optimize and unify throughput.
You will play a key role in our annual and quarterly planning cycles, reporting on product delivery KPIs, and providing data to make informed decisions about resource allocation and utilization. You see the big picture, while thriving in the details needed to drive daily progress.
If you have a passion for improving organizational operations and leveraging data to inform key strategic decisions, we’d love to hear from you.
Cross-Functional Process Improvement & Optimization
- Oversees the definition, documentation, visibility, and alignment on the Amwell Product Development Lifecycle (PDLC).
- Manages internal projects from ideation through successful delivery, including: project planning, project management, risk/issue management, status reporting, and business systems documentation.
- Collaborates across Product, Architecture, Engineering, Design, Analytics, and stakeholder teams to ensure organization has clarity and ownership for all processes within the PDLC.
- Intake & Feedback Management: Collects and communicates both qualitative and quantitative data from within and outside the product team. This can include data from experiments, product usage, customer feedback, feature requests, and support tickets as well as data from sales, marketing, and finance.
- Requirements: Maintains templates, guidelines, how-to references, and resources related to product Initiatives and Epics so the product team can operate efficiently.
- Product Management Toolset: Manages the product management tech stack and documents best practices so all team members use tools and follow processes consistently and effectively.
Product Management Process & Tooling
- Manage inbound request pipeline structure in partnership with Commercial and Services teams
- Maintain Requirements maturation process and documentation amongst Strategic Initiatives, Epics, and User Stories
- Maintain JIRA configuration and tagging for Strategic Initiatives – Epics – User Stories
- Manage Roadmaps and Planning visualization tools and vendor
Product Planning (Annual & Quarterly)
- Manage key aspects of our operational planning cycle including – quarterly forecast by squad and business unit, projected delivery timelines by Initiative/Epic, variance to product plan
- Coordinates roadmap updates across our entire portfolio and maintains a central, regularly published roadmap.
- Ensures clear and consistent communication between product and other teams, helping to identify areas for improvement and define business objectives.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to executives, sharing relevant data to help leaders make informed decisions.
- Lead program planning sessions that map product priorities to development teams based on feature size and team composition
- Formulate and mine analytics associated with product utilization, feature utilization, profitability, and satisfaction
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on the set up, management, and optimization of the product development process to meet planning and delivery goals
- Analyze and prepare reports on key business metrics of the product portfolio
- Participate in annual planning activities associated with product strategy, staffing, and roadmap
- Develop/manage visualization tools/dashboards
- Orchestrate leadership review & document decisions
Internal coordination & Information exchange
- Ensure product managers are corresponding with cross-functional stakeholders in standard formats and cadences
- Ensure product managers are participating in product launch readiness using standard collaboration processes and tools with cross functional team such as: Training, Clinical, Support, Legal, and Marketing.
- Oversee Product documentation including comprehensive guides, spotlight briefs and release notes
- Release notes process/tooling coordination, optimization and distribution
- Strategic Initiative execution coordination
- 3-5 years within a Product Development organization
- Experience managing programs and projects from ideation through completion, including status reporting to an executive audience
- Strong understanding of software development processes. Experience with agile software methodologies; Agile/Scrum certification a plus
- Strong understanding of product management processes
- Experience working in a Software/SaaS environment, in Product Operations or as a Program Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Business Systems Analyst
- Exceptional project and program management abilities; ability to influence without direct authority
- Worked in small, start-up environments as well as larger, more professional environments with the savvy to know how to best scale and build organizational capabilities, processes and tools
- Outstanding organization and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passionate team player who is dedicated to the growth and development of the company, product, team, and individual
- Fluency in JIRA, Aha!, SmartSheet
- Nice to have: Strong analytical skills, with experience using Google Analytics and Looker (or similar enterprise BI tool)
Energetic, forward thinking, analytical and resourceful are a few words that describe the Product Operations team at Amwell. This innovative team manages the product roadmap, optimizes processes to deliver products that delight users, and works closely with current and future customers as the operational experts of the Amwell Enterprise Platform organization. Each member of this dynamic group works very collaboratively, defining, maturing, and communicating the product development lifecycle across all other Amwell teams.
We enjoy working with colleagues inside and outside of the organization, and making our ideas come to life! If you love technology and want to be surrounded by a team of intelligent, fast paced and energetic team members, this may be the team for you! Come join the excitement!
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $103,440.00 - $142,230. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance