Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Health Plan Integration (HPI) Manager will be the liaison between clients, Amwell technical teams, and EDI clearinghouse vendors regarding real-time eligibility (RTE) capabilities. This individual will develop and manage systems and protocols for implementing new RTE implementations, monitor existing infrastructure, and evaluate opportunities for improvement and efficiency gains.
The HPI Manager will form strong relationships between Amwell technical teams, vendors, and clients to advocate for client needs, troubleshoot when necessary, and support Amwell’s technical team in delivering awesome services.
This individual will become a Subject Matter Expert in RTE and how it applies to the Amwell platform and leverage their expertise to advise clients on the best design and specifications to achieve their goals.
The HPI Manager will work hand in hand with teams across Amwell, including Professional Services, Technical Services, Product, and Revenue Cycle Management, and be accountable for the management of comprehensive, efficient, and effective processes and protocols to deliver RTE to clients.
- Support new Amwell customers in conjunction with an implementation manager in the development and implementation of RTE functionality for new tenant builds.
- Oversee HPI team members, including managing team performance, supporting team members in achieving day-to-day tasks, establishing KPIs and metrics, and executing on initiatives to optimize performance
- Support Amwell customers and Amwell technical team to manage the effectiveness of existing RTE infrastructure.
- Lead customer facing ideation sessions, presentations, and hands-on sessions to ensure customer success.
- Manage EDI clearinghouse vendor relationships to ensure optimal performance
- Develop processes, protocols, and frameworks for RTE, new RTE implementations, evaluating existing architecture, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Be/Become a true RTE expert, educating customers on capability and lead technical support conversations needed throughout process.
- Document RTE management protocols and procedures
- Act as an HPI advocate for clients, relaying RTE feature feedback and suggestions to Amwell's technical and medical billing teams.
- 7+ years experience in a client-facing technical role with a familiarity with RTE and medical billing capabilities
- Strong relationship management experience; comfortable engaging with and presenting to all levels of a client organization including C-suite.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with both internal/external technical and non-technical teams.
- Familiarity 270/271 documentation and basic Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) information, and payer routing protocols.
- Basic knowledge of medical billing, service type codes, payer IDs, and cost rules.
- Basic understanding of Webservices/APIs functionality.
- Self-starter, curious, accountable, enjoys a healthy level of autonomy, strong work ethic, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start up environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – expert documentation skills are a must.
- Comfortable engaging or leading sessions without having all the information on hand. Demonstrates agility and welcomes change.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and problem solve in an ambiguous environment.
- College degree required
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance