Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Talent Development function sits within a dynamic and progressive Human Resources department. This role designs and delivers career development programs that strategically ready our workforce for the challenges of the future. The core responsibilities for the Talent Development team include oversight of our eLearning platform, our employee engagement surveys, building out and maintaining a vibrant career path for our workforce, developmental programming, leadership development, and performance enablement.
The core responsibilities of the Talent Development Strategist are to administer and promote our eLearning platform, assist with the design and delivery of development programs, understand, and collaborate on the strategic importance of employee engagement, and attend to the details of Talent Development while holding the strategic picture. Other responsibilities include:
- Determining and assessing an organization’s strategic development needs
- Designing and delivering materials and programs to address specific business objectives
- Working closely with our people, the human resources partners, and company leadership to accelerate talent development objectives
- Assessing the effectiveness of our development programs
- Using a wide range of learning approaches to make our development programs unforgettable
- Managing employee enrollments for development programming, schedule sessions, and be able to facilitate programming.
This is not an entry level role. This person should have:
- Three years of experience in Talent or Learning & Development or related HR field
- a working knowledge of adult learning theory and be able to apply it to a dynamic work environment.
- Technology skillsare essential for the operation of our eLearning and engagement platforms,
- Program design and facilitation/presentation skills.
The Talent Development Strategist should have a consultative stance in their work and serve as a thought leader for internal clients. Essential qualities for the role include:
- A Growth Mindset
- A voracious appetite for learning
- A passion for finding and amplifying the talent in all others
- Perseverance to tolerate a learning curve (you don’t have to be an expert in everything)
- The ability to articulate the difference between training and development (hint: interview question)
We all bring something to the table. A person in this role may have a bachelor’s degree in psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, organization development, executive coaching, leadership, or the equivalent in related fields. Master’s degree preferred, but no degree is required.
This person reports to the Director of Talent Development on a small team with exciting responsibilities. We believe in people’s ability to grow, and despite the Strategist’s title, all roles at Amwell must execute on the tactical with strategic intent.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans