Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 140 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
We are seeking a Head of Account Management to join our team and lead our Account Directors who support and drive revenue from Conversa’s growing client base. Crafting strategy and executing against it to develop accounts and renew/retain clients is key. As the Vice President, you are responsible for the Account Management strategic planning, execution and success of the overall Book of Business. In this role, you will:
- Hire, manage and lead a team of Account Directors/Managers to successfully own and develop their accounts and nurture their client relationships
- Lead the Account Director team to meet and exceed their target goals and renewal/retention Book of Business quotas
- Report on team metrics (activity & pipeline) and provide forecasting to Executive Leadership
- Contribute to the overall growth and success of the global Provider Solutions organization and Company
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Professional Services, Marketing and other Services teams to ensure a positive customer experience and client growth
- Engage not only with team Account Directors but also develop executive level sponsor relationships with key customers
- Develop and implement internal processes to craft seamless management of accounts and measurements of team performance while decreasing roadblocks
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create a shared vision for our overall Account Management Team
- Work with internal management teams to continuously identify areas of improvement and adopt new processes and tools to improve metrics
- Managing performance against departmental & corporate KPIs
- Soliciting and applying broad knowledge of leading practices, business challenges, and consumer business models to identify trends, competitive advantages, pain points and risks to create perspective in the area of Account Management and to help drive loyalty and retention.
- Representing the voice of the customer and the needs and constraints of the Account Management Team in executive and cross-functional discussions
- Working cross-functionally with department leaders to proactively drive process improvements, ensure approved plans are implemented and communicate relevant changes with all stakeholders
- Work with HR/Growth Ops/Finance to continuously reforecast staffing and budget models
- Follow an analytical and data driven approach to problem solving and developing strategy
- Other duties as assigned
- 5-10 years relevant industry/healthcare experience
- 5-10 years people and process management
- Experience handling a sales pipeline and forecasting
- Demonstrated success building and leading robust sales teams
- Outstanding verbal written and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and bring structure to team planning and execution
- Align with Company priorities and devise departmental annual and quarterly goals
- Ability to empower and develop your team - keeping them focused on the highest priorities
- Seasoned people leader with experience developing mid-level managers and directors
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against tight deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- When we are back to active travel, must be able to maintain a high travel travel schedule – 40-50%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related field of study required
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans