Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 140 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The VP of Sales for the Conversa Health Specialty group will motivate, inspire, oversee and create new business revenue opportunities. This hands-on, “roll-up-your-sleeves” position requires a high-energy, well-round sales leader who can strategize and develop a growing sales team while effectively communicating and negotiating deals with C-level and clinical executives. A strong background in all facets of healthcare, preferably with health plans and health systems, is a must. Knowledge about business workflow, health system and health plan back-off systems, provider networks, benefit reimbursement, employee and member benefits, consumer outreach, new product roll-out, and related areas are essential in order to work alongside prospective clients in their acquisition and deployment of telehealth.
The head of sales will have a background in selling enterprise level software and services as well as a deep understanding in operating and developing a sales force – lead generation and qualification process, pipeline and opportunity management, proposal and presentation best practices, managing overall opportunities from qualification to close, revenue forecasting, sales to account management transition, and contract negotiation.
The selected leader will have a track record of revenue growth, working collaboratively with internal business partners, and successfully driving results on a quarterly basis.
- Focused on sales management and infrastructure, talent development, leadership and revenue attainment
- Generate product/services revenue by contracting for products and services with health plans/delivery networks.
- Achievement of assigned quarterly sales objectives including:
- Building and maintaining an active pipeline of prospective customers
- Conducting on-site presentations and demonstrations to mid-large size health plans (with emphasis on plans with 750k members and above)
- Participating in regional and/or state-wide trade shows/conferences
- Building/developing relationships, on a state-by-state-basis, with influential health plans, medical associations, identified business partners, government officials and other key state-wide constituents
- Fully manage a sales pipeline and forecast necessary to achieve sales objectives and to generate revenue.
- Develop, execute and communicate a strong sales strategy for each prospect in the pipeline along with managing the full sales cycle.
- Position yourself as the matter expert, focal point, and key conduit between American Well and your customer/prospect.
- Confidently and credibly present product solutions and product demonstrations.
- Prepare and coordinate (internal and with prospect) product presentations, demonstrations, conference calls, technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars and related sales activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts including assisting with the internal management and development of contractual documents.
- Prepare, present and coordinate (along with internal resources) product proposals, RFIs, RFPs and related sales documents.
- Provide regular reports of sales progress, prospect status, strategy and outcome of account activity to internal staff.
- Coordinate and review sales pipeline (particularly key accounts and accounts in closing range) with professional services staff.
- Manage and coordinate account hand-off to professional services staff including early and easy transition to project management staff.
- Coordinate all sales activities with Inside Sales Director on account status, follow up activities, leads to pursue, product literature, outcome, win-loss, and related sales support tasks.
- Excellent communicator — can motivate, support and lead staff; Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Remain current in product knowledge and proficiency.
Knowledge, Skills and Background Include:
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare marketplace
- Track record of revenue achievement
- Enterprise/solution sales in relevant space (eg., working for large health plan or in the healthcare software space)
- Deep experience with forecasting/pipeline management (process and methodology to accurately forecast)
- Good closer, can navigate through contract process
- Has developed sales tools and training, territories; structured approach to selling and closing business
- Has developed/maintained "sales machine” including hiring and building out talent; repeatable business models and approaches
- Excellent communicator — can motivate, support and lead staff
- Knows how to utilize and manage internal resources
- Product and/or marketing background plus
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Strong relationship building and coaching skills
- Experience demonstrating PC based software products
- Specific understanding of payer/care management companies, hospitals, and providers/physicians
- 7-10 years experience in sales of healthcare enterprise software products to health plans; selling directly to providers/physicians a plus
- Documented track record of selling large, enterprise-wide, complex technology deals to health plans
- Documented record of meeting and exceeding multi-million dollar annual quota
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of sales contact (CRM) database(s) with the ability to maintain contacts, updates and progress electronically
- Up to 35% overnight travel required
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against deadlines
- Over-achiever with a consistent track record of annual quota/revenue achievement
- BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans