This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, growing digital health start-up. The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, a joint venture between Cleveland Clinic and Amwell, was launched in 2019 to unlock access to the world's best healthcare expertise so no one is left behind. This start-up company's initial focus is transforming the $5 billion global second opinion market, with a vision to expand into other telehealth solutions. The Clinic offers virtual care from Cleveland Clinic's highly specialized experts through Amwell's leading-edge digital health technology platform. Learn more at theclinic.io
Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation's best hospitals in its annual "America's Best Hospitals" survey.
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the U.S. and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell solutions are used by 240 health systems and 55 health plan partners, covering over 150 million lives.
The Clinic is looking for a dynamic, growth-oriented marketing leader to drive the new venture's market success. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop and execute the company's marketing strategy, including DTC, B2C, and B2B programs.
We are a small team, so the leader must be prepared to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. The leader must be an independent, creative problem-solver with a proven ability to meet strict deadlines and simultaneously lead multiple projects. Relentless customer focus, creative problem solving, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are a must.
The position is ideally based in Boston or Cleveland, but remote candidates will be considered. The role reports directly to the CEO.
- Lead overall marketing strategy and planning for the company, including B2B (health plans, employers) and DTC
- Develop marketing dashboard. Track and manage performance against goals
- Building The Clinic brand and DTC revenue using a digital-first approach
- Oversee product marketing for new products and programs
- Partner with sales and business development on lead generation activities and marketing collateral
- Execute member engagement programs in collaboration with health plan and employers partners to drive awareness, utilization, and revenue
- Collaborate with the product team on market launch, market insights, and analysis
- Drive relationships with strategic marketing partners (agencies, Cleveland Clinic, and Amwell staff) and build an agile/lean internal marketing team over time.
- Develop peer-to-peer relationships with key partner organizations and be the go-to contact for channel marketing activity
- Develop and tightly manage marketing programs budget, maintaining flexibility to pivot to meet opportunities and needs.
- Developing marketing partnerships to drive success for new products, both in the U.S. and internationally
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing leadership, ideally in a high-growth digital health business.
- Healthcare background is a must; experience working in the employer benefit and health plan services industry is a strong plus
- Start-up mentality essential, with demonstrated agility to lead product strategy in the morning and roll up their sleeves to execute in the afternoon. Able to manage multiple product initiatives to completion. Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment
- Successful track record of developing and executing successful insight based digital campaigns for B2B and DTC products/services
- Data-driven marketer who is not afraid to make bold moves and uses real-time campaign measurement to prioritize and guide action
- Ability to pay attention to detail and deliver flawless marketing material
- Passionate about being the creative genius behind the brand