Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 140 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will partner with all areas of the organization to interpret, document, prioritize, and drive requirements from inception to delivery. You will work closely with cross-functional teams of Product Managers, Designers, Software Engineers, and QA Engineers to build intuitive workflows, document and position product functionality. You see the big picture, while thriving in the details needed to drive day-to-day progress. You possess a thorough understanding of your end users, and a critical eye toward clear visuals and text.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop deep product knowledge and share expertise with internal departments
- Document and organize requirements for upcoming product releases
- Synthesize tone, language, and messaging in user-facing text
- Craft internal and external communications around features, including release notes, user manuals, feature overview decks, and feature descriptions
- Collaborate with product management team on research, scoping, and requirements definition and support planning for product launches
- Manage communication of product initiatives both internally and externally
- Contribute to product planning activities and develop timeline for key deliverables
- 2+ years working in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity
- 2+ years working with software products
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to derive meaningful insights
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Desire to work in a fast-paced software environment, and an ability to execute against aggressive timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with varying degrees of priorities
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
Should you join Amwell and the Boston-based Product Management team, you can expect:
Energetic, forward thinking, and resourceful are a few words that describe the Product Management team at Amwell. This innovative team of 12 manages the product roadmap, designs experiences that delight users, and works closely with current and future customers as the product experts of the Amwell family. Each member of this dynamic group works very collaboratively, communicating the product’s value across all other Amwell teams and to our customers.
We enjoy working with colleagues inside and outside of the organization, and making our ideas come to life! If you love technology and want to be surrounded by a team of intelligent, fast paced and energetic team members, this may be the team for you! Come join the excitement!
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans