Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Data Architect will play a key role in the Data Platform team within Engineering at an exciting time as we build out our new Converge platform and migrate from legacy solutions to cloud data solutions. They will assess data architecture maturity using industry-accepted principles and standards, identify gaps and drive standardization and adoption across the organization. They will identify Master Data Management needs in concert with the company-wide MDM initiative. The architect will define and be a Subject Matter Expert in our data classification strategy and will ensure adherence across development squads. They will utilize their expertise to inform and guide others as we strive to capture, classify, secure and report on corporate data in our own product and other systems used across the business.
- Define data architecture strategy using industry-accepted data principles and standards.
- Evaluate and assess data and application integration framework
- Identify master data management opportunities and needs
- Define the target state and drive implementation of data catalog to enable effective data governance
- Establish maps of business capability to data, services, users-roles, IT product model mapping
- Develop and analyze various viewpoints, mappings to show relationships between data artifacts and business capability/attributes
- Act as a liaison across Data, Engineering, Product, Hosting, Analytics and Delivery teams to drive standardization across data architecture principles
- Analyze process, and provide guidance to streamline and optimize data enablement, operational, communication and training or literacy processes
- 7 + years demonstrated experience in data architecture, data management, data governance and analytics within growing, agile, global organizations. Healthcare experience is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in multiple database technologies such as distributed processing big Data platforms like AWS, GCP and tools like Spark, Kafka, Snowflake, Redshift, Athena, AWS Glue, Python/PySpark. etc.
- 5 + Years of experience building architecture to transform legacy to modern data platforms (Oracle to Cloud)
- Experience in BigQuery and Informatica IICS.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile software development process and familiarity with performance metric tools
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to drive creative, efficient solutions
- Ability to work at an abstract level and build consensus across multiple viewpoints
- Ability to set priorities, guide your own learning and contribute to domain knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or other technically focused degree; master's degree preferred
Our Engineering team is working to create a state-of-the-art telehealth experience leveraging all the modern cloud technologies. The team is building next generation data platform to bring data across multiple systems to drive the insights. We follow pragmatic Agile methodology to balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt to deliver a market-leading product to a quickly growing customer base. There are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance