Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
We are driving a digital revolution in healthcare that is dramatically improving the access to, quality of and affordability of care. We need a driven, passionate and seasoned Product Management leader to play a critical role in developing and guiding the product vision and strategy of this revolution as well as lead Product Management teams and cross-functional teams to execute. The portfolio of products developed and managed by this leader and their team are part of our broader set of solutions, and both software products (SaaS, mobile apps) and hardware products are used by many leading Health Plans and Health Systems in the US. The products literally help improve lives every day by helping patients get the help they need for everything from a sore throat to anxiety to a stroke.
This leader will own the success and roadmap of these offerings and be a key part of the collective product development leadership team reporting to the SVP of Hospital Product Line and working with the C-suite in the development org and other leads.
- Lead product strategy for our hospital product line, a large and critical part of Amwell’s business, incorporating market insights, primary research and feedback from other internal leaders
- Lead team of Product Managers and team leads to deliver on product strategy with new offerings and with a relentless focus on delivering on what we commit to and ensuring the work we do is targeted at the highest value opportunities
- Own the performance of and lead and manage a portfolio of products already in the market
- Develop and refine roadmap for book of business working with SVP of Product and CEO
- Get internal, client and partner executives and leaders excited about the product strategy and roadmap by developing compelling materials working with cross-functional teams (marketing, visual design) and sharing in a gripping way
- Develop and manage team budget
- Collaborate with other cross-functional leaders, especially product development leaders, to deliver on the roadmap and other company initiatives
- Execute and refine product development and management process to improve efficiencies and effectiveness working with other development leaders as necessary
- Initiate and own key partner relationships at the leadership level working with cross-functional teams
- Be a hero of our values and nurture and support team health and culture
- 10+ years of technology Product Management experience
- 5+ years leading Product Management teams
- Solid experience working in agile development teams
- Fluency in SAAS/HAAS, cloud-based and services-oriented platforms
- Experience in Healthcare strongly preferred
- Proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of company impacting product initiatives
- Excellent communication skills and proven capability of presenting to and discussing key topics with internal C-suite leaders as well as external client and partner leaders
- Proven track record influencing cross-functional teams and stakeholders to execute product strategy
- Robust technical experience, vocabulary and acumen
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and complex project management experience especially working with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA) preferred
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans