Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 140 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Amwell is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Technical Software Support Engineer to join our Customer Support team. The Technical Software Support Engineer works both independently and cross-functionally to troubleshoot software issues. The ideal candidate thrives in a rapidly evolving environment, is willing to jump right in, and is adaptable to change. The candidate must be able to understand and communicate how the software works, areas that are problematic, and concepts of events being triggered. Strong attention to detail, tactical problem solving, and excellent analytical skills are all key attributes for this role. Understanding what the SDLC looks like, how agile teams work, and where support fits in is a must.
- Able to communicate effectively with Support, Software Development Teams, Operations Stakeholders, and Product Owners.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze a situation, document steps to reproduce, and implement solutions effectively.
- Effectively documents stories that includes timelines of events, key findings, and steps to preproduce.
- Communicates analysis results clearly and concisely. Solicits feedback on own work.
- Achieves results with minimal resources, independently owns issues queue of tickets, utilizes analytical skills to probe further into data.
- Acts cross-functionally as team player, is on-time, engaged, and contributing.
- Creates and modifies support documentation, enabling repeatable processes, knowledgebase, and common troubleshooting scenarios.
- Represents support organization as subject matter expert and provide technical expertise during external meetings.
- 5+ of experience with software and applications support
- Expert at performing application log analysis and creating stories depicting timeline of events and errors.
- Proven ability to multi-task, collaborate, and work through complex problems independently, utilizing structured problem-solving methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, templates).
- Understands underlying architectural principals of microservices and identify possible break points.
- Familiar with AWS infrastructure Monitoring with Cloudwatch using Logs Insights query syntax.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- A broad technical curiosity and proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good writing, editing, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience with Atlassian’s Jira and Confluence
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans