Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 140 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Amwell is seeking a motivated and energetic Manager to join the Service Operations Department within the Amwell Client Services Organization. This is position interfacing with vendors, as well as internal Sales, Account Management, Legal, Procurement, Product Management, Professional Services, Engineering, Hosting, Technical Services, Training and Customer Support teams. The Service Operations Manager will be accountable for assigned responsibilities, such as performance management, support management, deliverables and obligations tracking, vendor metrics, executive and operational reporting, and escalation management. This includes management of each vendor from kickoff through implementation and ongoing maintenance, including deployment calendar management, process design, creation of supporting documentation/tools, communication strategies, and monitoring for continuous improvement.
- Delivers assigned initiatives, ensuring business requirements are defined and met.
- Responsible working with the vendor to address support, implementations, and training needs
- Identify improvement areas internally as well as perform closely with all internal stakeholders to prepare solutions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in all forms of 3rd party integrations for the Client Services department.
- Defines and presents timelines, roadmaps, and scope to stakeholders (internal and external) at the beginning, middle and end of integration projects.
- Serves as a project lead for cross functional projects that impact a current or future vendor; develops project plans, communication materials, and deliverables in support of projects.
- Build a relationship with the vendor to support internal operational processes.
- Identify operational issues and works with cross-functional teams on a resolution to the problem.
- Works with Account Directors and Implementation Managers to implement and deploy 3rd party vendor products and services.
- Communicates project status with the team members and senior business stakeholders.
- Contributes to continuous process improvements within the Service Operations and the Client Services Organization.
- Perform out-of-the-box thinking, collaborate with others, and make a difference every day!
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience working with vendors, project management and/or consulting organization responsible for the oversight and/or delivery of enterprise software implementation projects
- Exceptional communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills
- Proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, and templates)
- Ability to utilize effective communication and negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the client, project team, or senior management
- Proven experience managing initiatives with evolving and changing scope; establishing and maintaining expectations with internal/external stakeholders
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio), Salesforce and Atlassian products (e.g., Confluence, JIRA)
- BA or BS degree or 5 years or more of work experience is required.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans