Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will play an important role in the Hosting department. Specifically, they will work to automate and integrate test automation with our CI/CD pipeline quality gates as well as contribute to the scalability of our current and future test automation frameworks. The ideal candidate would be engaged to learning new skills and tools as the position evolves with the technology of the organization. This position is located at our main office in Boston.
- Contribute to the design, development, maintenance, and demonstration of test automation frameworks
- Contribute to the implementation, maintenance, and scalability of test reporting to stakeholders
- Contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of our CI/CD operations with emphasis on quality metrics for our software
- Contribute to the design and implementation of processes and tools to scale our operations
- Contribute and maintain documentation of processes and tools
- Contribute to test automation in multiple frameworks and languages based on the project
- 3+ years of experience in a software development/QA automation role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to disseminate our processes and tools to multiple teams and stakeholders
- Competency in Linux/Ubuntu and CLI
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL
- Strong source code management experience with Git
- Strong background in test automation in the following areas: API/web services, web UI, and mobile UI
- Comprehensive experience with the following testing frameworks: Rest-Assured, Selenium, Appium
- Comprehensive experience with the additional testing frameworks is desired: Cypress, Mocha/Chai, Espresso, XCTest and XCUITest, Pact
- Comprehensive experience with a continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment platform is desired: Gitlab, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with test case management tools such as Jira, TestRail, etc.
American Well’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state of the art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.