Customer Service Representative – The Clinic
This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, growing digital health startup. The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, a joint venture between Cleveland Clinic and Amwell, was launched in 2019 to unlock access to the world's best healthcare expertise, so no one is left behind. This new company's initial focus is transforming the $5 billion global second opinion market, with a vision to expand into other telehealth solutions. The Clinic offers virtual care from Cleveland Clinic's highly specialized experts through Amwell's leading-edge digital health technology platform.
Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation's best hospitals in its annual "America's Best Hospitals" survey.
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the U.S. and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell solutions are used by 240 health systems and 55 health plan partners, covering over 150 million lives.
We are searching for a dynamic, client facing professional that will be the liaison between our company and its current and potential consumer and patients. The successful candidate will be able to provide personalized service by reaching out and responding to the distinct needs of each consumer, with a goal of increasing the awareness and utilization of The Clinic’s products and services. A persuasive personality will be needed to effectively deliver results in this role.
- Telephone and email outreach to prospective clients for The Clinic’s virtual second opinion program
- Answer inbound program/product inquiry calls
- Maintain contact lists and follow up with consumers to continue relationships
- Identify prospective customers, lead generation and conversion
- Become a product expert and adept at communicating how our solutions help patients with complex medical
- conditions get the best care
- Keeps management informed by submitting daily call log activity and results
- Comply with TCPA requirements in all forms of consumer communication
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- University/college degree preferred
- Previous consumer service experience, especially in healthcare, preferred
Key Competencies and Skills
- Excellent communication skills with experience in a customer facing role
- Sales experience is preferred
- Phone and data entry skills
- A high attention to detail
- A friendly and professional demeanor
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- The ability to multi‐task and stay organized
- The ability to motivate and encourage action
- Must enjoy helping people in need, especially those facing medical challenges
Working at The Clinic
This Clinic is a partnership between American Well and Cleveland Clinic, where the two parent organizations founded the company on the mission of ‘To make it easier for patients to get the best care by aligning world‐class clinical expertise with innovative digital technology.’ The vision for The Clinic is to unlock access to the world’s best healthcare expertise so no one is left behind. We are a group of visionaries defining and realizing the global possibilities of digital health. We believe in: patient centricity; being bold, daring, and decisive; having a passion to win; teamwork and collaboration; transparency and trust. The pace is fast, the work rewarding and the outcomes, deeply satisfying.
This position will be based in Cleveland, OH area and will have the ability to work remotely.
The Clinic offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, paid holidays, and paid vacation.