Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
- Under the direction of SVP, Operations, responsible for ensuring all service agreement deliverables are met to the satisfaction of the client and Amwell Psychiatric Care senior leadership.
- Responsible for operation’s efficiency with adherence to projected budget constraints.
- Maintains a general working knowledge of state, regional, federal, carrier-specific, and other regulatory standards for physician practice in hospitals, clinics, and correctional facilities.
- Develops or possesses a general understanding of physician practice standards, billing, claiming, and coding processes to allow oversight of general operations.
- As a team member working with SVP, Operations, develops and maintains professional relationships and networks to allow for the development of new business opportunities or expand existing opportunities for current agreements.
- Provides support for the providers and maintains and develops a strong, long-lasting relationship with the provider panel(s).
- Develops strong client relationships in order to maintain client-satisfaction and contract retention.
- Oversees provider scheduling and ensures appropriate gap and back-up coverage of providers as well as providing support to the scheduling department during urgent coverage needs.
- Educates contract partners about the utility of telehealth services to maintain or increase the available contract value.
- Provides client with professional quality monthly and quarterly reports.
- Interacts regularly with APC leadership to maintain awareness of current company objectives and challenges.
- Communicates regularly and clearly to members of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, administrative, executive, technical, and support personnel.
- Manages provider personnel performance to deliver high quality services and meet contracted quality measures.
- Prepares periodic reports as required by APC operations or finance leadership.
- Complies with company policies, ethics, and values.
- Oversight of the above responsibilities provided by SVP, Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or healthcare related field required.
- Experience in Behavioral Health is preferred but not required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a business-related administrative role.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft office skills; ability to manage data.
- Basic understanding of financial modeling.
- Strong customer service/account management skills; strong communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with medical professionals.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting