Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Accounts Payable specialist supports the company by accurate and timely payment of vendor invoices and employee expenses.
- Perform daily accounts payable activities/transactions (Preparation of batch check runs, wire transfers, ACH transactions, reconciliations, etc.)
- Help manage the Company's A/P inbox with the ability to triage requests and prioritize as needed
- Ensure timely payment and processing of invoices
- Provide superior internal and external customer service
- Develop and maintain relationships with both clients and vendors through effective and timely communication.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports for processing & Payment on Concur
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Ensure compliance to Sarbanes Oxley standards & requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Healthcare background is a plus.
- NetSuite or similar ERP system experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Exposure to Concur desired, but not required
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work and communicate across the organization with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, and demonstrates a flexible and positive attitude
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting