Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Amwell is seeking a motivated and collaborative Senior Instructional Designer to join the Training Team. The Senior Instructional Designer will be responsible for the design and development of successful training programs for internal and external audiences. This role requires someone that is strong in eliciting training objectives and content from stakeholders, digesting and analyzing existing content, and independently building out the training deliverables. The ideal candidate is curious, action-oriented and is excited by helping chart the course for Training as Amwell rapidly changes and grows.
- Training design and delivery
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design to create training curriculum and materials. Formats include, but not limited to eLearning, (V)ILT, job aids, and manuals.
- Identify internal experts and ensure knowledge is captured, shared, and continuously maintained.
- Develop process documentation and work instructions into engaging training.
- Manage training projects to ensure timelines, milestones and deliverables are met in accordance with project plan.
- Gather and summarize feedback on training efficacy to aid in determining gaps in understanding.
- Develop expertise in the LMS and provide support as needed.
- Provide timely and efficient troubleshooting assistance to internal and external customers by investigating questions related to the courses and platforms and taking appropriate action for resolution.
- Assist in developing the strategy to handle ad hoc and custom training requests to support internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on building and delivering training.
- Understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design principles with a proven track record of creating and implementing successful training programs.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations to achieve deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Experience in building and managing successful cross-functional relationships and ability to build credibility and collaborate effectively across teams and roles.
- Ability to manage multiple project simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, asking great questions, and presenting to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline and Camtasia.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting