Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Account Director, Health Systems will play a critical role in for the success of Amwell's relationship with assigned client accounts. Success will be measured by client growth, client satisfaction, optimizing telehealth enrollments and utilization, and the financial performance of the overall contract. The primary initial focus of the role will be to develop relationships with assigned client health system leaders and decision makers within existing clients in order to successfully expand utilization of Amwell's products and services.
The role requires extensive task management around deliverables, execution of deployment/new launches, account planning, product demonstrations and explanation of features and functionality, internally interfacing and coordinating with project, marketing, clinical and product resources to support the client. In addition, the Account Director Health System, Provider Solutions will be responsible for consultative selling and understanding new services requirements and needs.
The Account Director, Health Systems will be assigned specific client accounts, seamlessly interface and gain the trust of clients at all levels, and lead the internal Amwell team through implementations, launch, marketing, campaigns, re-selling to client’s employer accounts, and expansion of the existing relationship.
Frequent interaction with the Amwell executive sponsor and other Amwell leads to keep the entire team apprised of client strategies, goals, objectives, and tactical developments is essential. This key position will be focused on client satisfaction and revenue growth. This revenue growth will be accomplished by expanding awareness, adoption and utilization of the company’s existing products and services within assigned health system client organizations and by identifying new opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Strategize with client account leads on a weekly basis on all opportunities to ensure solutions are being effectively sold; accurately forecast respective opportunities based upon realistic assessments
- Collaborate with the internal and external assigned client teams to develop a strategic and tactical plan to achieve the desired annual revenue targets
- Work with client sales support, product management and business development to complete request for proposals/information in a timely, accurate and professional manner
- Effectively implement and nurture clients to ensure optimal performance and success
- Understand client’s business objectives and vision; sharing those objectives with the Amwell team
- Deep understanding of Amwell's product and specifically how it is implemented and intended to be used by the client
- Provide input and suggestions to product development teams based on client feedback
- Lead presentations and site visits to prepare for and conduct client, channels, and executive site visit/presentations
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the sales process and product and service value propositions
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that reflect the core values of Amwell
- Develop specific plans on how to develop new relationships
- Demonstrate service excellence
- 30-35% travel required
- A background in working for or with health system leaders, including regulatory and reimbursement knowledge
- Excellent presentation skills
- Skilled relationship developer
- Possess strong planning and organization skills,
- Background in account management, product and/or professional services
- Comfortable dealing with and managing in an extremely fluid, fast-paced environment.
- BS Degree required. 5-10 years’ prior experience working with or for health systems. Ideal candidate will have sold technology products or related services to health system executives
- A solid background in healthcare is a must
Account Management is a results-driven group of dynamic individuals, responsible for client satisfaction, program execution, client growth, and revenue generation. This is a team of problem solvers whose first goal is to ensure that Amwell lives by the established mission and quality standards set forth in our commitments to our client partners.
The Account Management team has the responsibility of inspiring, growing and nurturing the company’s client partners -- assisting in their telehealth strategy, identifying opportunities to further the client’s vision, and to advance their initiatives. They build meaningful relationships with each partner and find joy in contributing to their growth and success. They are our partners’ internal champions, and work tirelessly with a variety of internal colleagues to turn vision into reality.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic, never-the-same-day-twice kind of environment, then look no further. If you possess leadership and problem-solving skills, political and healthcare savvy, and a serious understanding of the corporate communications needed to speak with all levels of an organization, then Amwell is the place for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting