Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 140 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Can you take a product vision and translate it into a working solution? Our team is searching for a person with experience designing and developing software who can help solve some of our most challenging telehealth engineering problems. We're looking for a full-time, Full Stack Software Engineer to work on our web-based online health care solution. Our software combines the best elements of the web, video, and telephony to bring patients and health care providers together in innovative new ways. You’ll be key part of our engineering team and helping us revolutionize the access people have to healthcare services.
- Develop and support proprietary applications, websites, and services using Angular8+ and Node.js
- Develop new software to bring the Internet of Things (IoT) to healthcare
- Collaborate with internal teams (Device Engineering, Software Engineering, and Product Management) to deliver products and features on-time and to specification
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support their hardware on the Amwell platform
- Evaluate processes, tools and approaches to potentially incorporate into how we develop products to ensure we are always learning and improving
- Work under minimal supervision; will be provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience building enterprise web applications
- Solid understanding of Angular 8+, HTML, and CSS
- Solid understanding of architecture and design patterns
- Experience with the following is a plus: AngularJS, React, WebRTC, Twilio, video conferencing protocols and systems
- Driven to own the process and deliver the solution
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans