Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 140 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Can you take a product vision and translate it into a working solution? Our team is searching for a person with experience designing and developing software who can help solve some of our most challenging telehealth engineering problems. We're looking for a full-time, Full Stack Software Engineer to work on our web-based online health care solution. Our software combines the best elements of the web, video, and telephony to bring patients and health care providers together in innovative new ways. You’ll be key part of our engineering team and helping us revolutionize the access people have to healthcare services.
- Develop and support proprietary applications, websites, and services using Angular8+ and Node.js
- Develop new software to bring the Internet of Things (IoT) to healthcare
- Collaborate with internal teams (Device Engineering, Software Engineering, and Product Management) to deliver products and features on-time and to specification
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support their hardware on the Amwell platform
- Evaluate processes, tools and approaches to potentially incorporate into how we develop products to ensure we are always learning and improving
- Work under minimal supervision; will be provided with assignments and objectives and given wide latitude for independent judgment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience building enterprise web applications
- Solid understanding of Angular 8+, HTML, and CSS
- Solid understanding of architecture and design patterns
- Experience with the following is a plus: AngularJS, React, WebRTC, Twilio, video conferencing protocols and systems
- Driven to own the process and deliver the solution
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell cares deeply about diversity, equity, and inclusion, in the work that we do and the culture that we maintain.
With teams located across areas such as Boston, Reston, Seattle and TelAviv we embrace a distributed workforce, allowing our employees to work from anywhere. To stay connected and build our team culture we utilize collaboration technology and regularly get together for team strategy sessions, events and activities.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting