Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Amwell, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Scheduling Coordinator.
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for accurately and efficiently scheduling providers for telehealth and onsite care and tracking provider schedule changes and requests. Reporting to the Scheduling Manager, this role involves troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in a timely manner via email and collaborating with internal teams to provide outstanding support to our providers and clients.
This individual will work closely with our Operations teams to ensure that clients, patients, and providers are receiving the best experience possible. Partnering with Operation teams, this person will be integral in building documentation for tracking and forecasting scheduling needs for the Operations team.
Specifically, the Scheduling Coordinator will:
- Assist in coordinating the schedules for approximately 35 individual facility schedules with over 120 providers.
- Build provider schedules, in appropriate software, with information available regarding the specific requirements of coverage for each facility, any known additional coverage requests, and any provider time-off requests.
- Distribute monthly schedules, and any applicable updates, to the providers and facilities in a timely manner.
- Accurately document provider scheduling requests.
- Develop documentation and tracking materials for internal teams and our clients.
- Collaborate with internal teams to troubleshoot issues and make improvements on current scheduling processes.
- Assist Finance teams to ensure the correct billable hours and rates for providers’ monthly payroll.
- Run monthly reports to identify future trends in scheduling and any possible future concerns.
- Verify accuracy of all external scheduling software.
- Troubleshoot client and provider coverage issues and escalate to appropriate team members when necessary.
- Develop strong understanding of all aspects of provider/facility coverage information.
- Ensure an excellent support experience for our providers and clients by meeting all applicable metrics and goals.
- Other special projects as they arise.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, interruption-prone environments.
- Motivated and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and use critical thinking and problem solving to troubleshoot complex support issues.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting