Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Sr. Payroll Specialist will be a key team member in the overall payroll preparation and processing in a fast-paced environment for 900+ employees in multiple states using ADP’s Workforce Now Platform.
- Processing semi-monthly payroll for multiple companies with approximately 1000 employees in total
- Ensure accuracy of all payroll-related employee data in ADP Workforce Now
- Ad hoc reporting for requested payroll data
- Provide exceptional and prompt customer support to colleagues.
- Facilitate the interaction between multiple departments related to the payroll function.
- Timely resolution of outstanding payroll-related accounting and tax issues.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local tax regulations
- Performing quarter-end and year-end payroll reconciliations and preparing W-2 information
- Extraordinary opportunity for a mature individual with 5+ years payroll experience, ideally within the public company environment.
- Work with and enhance the strengths of the current payroll team members.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Amwell’s mission
- Minimum of a BA; additional payroll specific certifications preferred.
- Software industry experience: ADP Workforce Now with Essential Time preferred
- Experience with multi state and federal payroll law and tax requirement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while being able to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting