Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Can you take a product vision and translate it into a working solution? Our team is searching for a person with a broad set of skills and experience supporting technology product development who can help solve some of our most challenging telehealth device engineering problems. The Hardware Test Engineer (HTE) will play a key role in designing and bringing revolutionary products to market. Working closely with cross-functional teams, the HTE will use cutting edge tools and approaches to deliver awesome products, that create amazing user experiences in surprisingly short timelines. You’ll be key part of our engineering team and helping us revolutionize the access people have to healthcare services.
- Implement test automation through test fixture creation and software scripting
- Work with a cross-functional engineering team to test and release telemedicine products (e.g. execution of test plans, documentation, product assembly, manufacturing plan, etc.)
- Compiles test reports that document procedures and communicates results and
guidance to design group.
- Own system requirements of next-generation telemedicine products driven by technical user needs and manufacturability
- Support quality, compliance, and customer service teams with engineering needs (e.g., troubleshooting, overseeing RF emissions testing)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience in the design and development of connected systems
- Experience with testing and automation systems and languages (e.g. Python, LabVIEW, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with lab equipment and processes (e.g. Soldering, DMMs, Oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Strong multi-tasking, communication, and organizational skills
- Driven to own the process and deliver the solution
- Experience with audio/video/videoconferencing testing is a plus
- Experience with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Linux, or networking is a plus
- Experience with FDA, UL, CE, FCC certifications is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field or relevant experience
Should you join Amwell and the Devices team, you can expect:
Amwell’s Device Engineering group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Our engineering group based out of Virginia specialize in electrical, mechanical, firmware, software, and embedded systems design and development. We design, develop, and test cutting-edge telehealth products in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team.
Our mission is to transform healthcare and to be the premier distributor of provider services by creating and operationalizing devices that enable consumption of telemedicine, deliver an awesome user experience and capture exceptional business value
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits