Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Lead Revenue Accountant will play a critical role in the Finance department. Specifically, the Lead Revenue Accountant will be responsible for providing technical accounting analysis in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Company policies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, a great communicator who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The candidate will work with various cross functional teams and report to the Senior Revenue Manager.
- Analyze customer contracts for revenue elements and ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Complete month-end close activities including posting accurate entries and reporting of key revenue data.
- Perform deferred revenue reconciliations and other key processes within the revenue close process.
- Provide technical accounting guidance in accordance with ASC Topic 606.
- Partner with Order-to-Cash cross functional teams (Sales, Legal, Sales Ops, Finance, and/or AR) to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly booked and recognized accurately in our monthly, quarterly and annual public filings.
- Partner with the FP&A group to ensure accurate budgeting and forecasting of revenue.
- Coordinate and respond to external audit queries for the corporate quarterly and annual audits to ensure auditors receive required information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Calculate the standalone selling price analysis on an annual basis.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and business processes for all revenue recognition activities.
- Perform other ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience with NetSuite required
- 3+ years related experience in Revenue, preferably experience with SaaS revenue in the technology industry.
- CPA with Big 4 experience preferred.
- Understand ASC 606 in depth
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product.
- Ability to work independently and thrive and be a team player.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills.
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Understanding of global quote-to-cash business processes and best practices.
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge ofSalesforce.com
Should you join Amwell and the Accounting and Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll and financial systems.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting.