Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Application Support Engineer will be responsible for the installation, upgrades and support of all production and pre-production applications and systems hosted by Amwell. Work involves installation and management of the Amwell applications, advanced application debugging, patch and upgrade management, and server administration, some of which requires off-hours maintenance windows.
- Deploy and manage all Amwell Applications and third-party software in our on-premise and in-cloud environments.
- Ensure timely installation of application upgrades.
- Maintain all supporting components such as monitoring, alarming and performance analysis systems.
- Perform performance analysis on the Amwell applications.
- Report defects found in Pre-Production and Production to QA and Development teams; work closely with these teams to ensure timely resolution of these issues.
- Perform system administration tasks on all application platforms in the hosted Application Services Platform (ASP).
- Create detailed implementation plans and Method of Procedure documentation to be followed as part of the company’s change control policy.
- Provide afterhours on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent degree.
- 0-2 years’ AWS experience in a production application environment.
- Experience with real time transaction processing and web applications.
- Microsoft and Linux experience are strongly preferred.
- VMware experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with writing SQL queries is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with java application support is preferred.
- Scripting and monitoring systems experience is a plus.
- SAN Storage experience is a plus.
- Experience with SwiftMQ/ JMS, WebLogic is a plus.
- Experience with Docker container deployments is a plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and reporting tools is a plus.
- Experience with mobile applications is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly, take the initiative, and work in a fast-paced dynamic environment is essential.
- Ability to quickly isolate hardware and software issues and drive these issues to resolution.
- Understand the importance of and able to perform engineering tasks using industry best practices governing change control, security, and confidential data handling.
- Ability to work both independently and as a lead contributor to a team.
- Ability to effectively interface and work well with multiple functional groups/teams.
Should you join Amwell and the Hosting team, you can expect:
Amwell’s Operations group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Operating out of our Boston headquarters, our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations, Business Intelligence, Kiosk Operations and Network Engineering. We operate a state-of-the-art Cyber Command Center designed specifically to manage and protect our global telehealth infrastructure.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting