Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) will work within our sales organization to develop new business leads and qualify opportunities. They will help to devise inbound and outbound campaigns, contact prospective buyers via email and phone, demonstrate our product, provide information to prospects and consultants about our value proposition, and work with senior sales executives to close business. This is a terrific opportunity for an individual with 1-3 years’ experience who is looking to develop their career in sales and marketing within the healthcare IT industry.
- Identify, develop, and contact appropriate individuals at target organizations
- Execute email and phone outreach/follow up to leads generated through marketing channels, including webinars, conferences, email campaigns, and inbound web visitors
- Respond to prospect inquiries, share our value proposition, and qualify leads in health systems market
- Demonstrate our telehealth product to prospective buyers one on one and at events
- Nurture existing leads to drive progression to the sales funnel
- Represent the company at industry events, setting up and holding meetings with prospective customers
- Achieve daily targets for lead generation activity
- Achieve quarterly targets for converting qualified opportunities
- Understand prospects’ business and their buying objectives
- Ensure smooth & informed transition of qualified opportunities to Sales Directors
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales colleagues to identify new lead generation channels and support execution as needed
- 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in healthcare IT sales or Business Development roles
- Bachelor’s Degree, recent grads are encouraged to apply
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious, detail-oriented, self-starter, goal-oriented
- Desire to quickly learn through on-the-job experience
- Thrives in goal-driven, fast-paced environment
- Preferred skills:
- Healthcare industry background
- Comfortable with technology – comfortable doing a live demo once trained
- Team player, able to work across the organization
Should you join Amwell and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The team’s main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately, drive revenue that fuels Amwell's growth and continued innovation.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting