Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
Amwell is seeking an energetic and highly motivated IT Manager to play a critical role in the ongoing operations and future IT planning in a very dynamic and security conscious technology environment. The IT manager reporting to the director of IT will be responsible for leading a team of IT Engineers who coordinate, plan, and execute on a very diverse set of functions and needs in an exciting IT healthcare space. This role requires a hands-on manager / mentor with proven industry experience who is up to date with current technology standards and has experience building a team and operating in a corporate production environment. This position is based at our headquarters in Boston.
- Manage and mentor a team of IT staff located in diverse locations.
- Be the owner of the end user experience driving technology and desktop optimization.
- Drive the helpdesk requests of the user base ensuring SLAs are met.
- Build an in-depth ongoing knowledge of internal business functions and their IT needs.
- Lead select IT projects in co-ordination with internal technology partners.
- Manage after-hours and emergency maintenance as needed.
- Provide uninterrupted service on all corporate IT resources, servers and systems.
- Manage IT assets (hardware and software) with a focus on cost efficiencies.
- Continuously improve upon established policies, methodologies, and tools to scale operation and improve workflow transparency and efficiency.
- Candidates must have knowledge and experience in the following areas
- Mac OS, Win 10, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Extensive Active Directory knowledge required.
- Azure AD efficiencies (product tie ins, MFA/SSO etc)
- Core understanding and hands on experience with O365 mail and Exchange
- Advanced PowerShell scripting with a proven history in this space
- Office 365 with a focus on MS Teams, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Mobile Phone MDM management using MS Intune
- Understanding of on-site and cloud technology and how they work together.
- Proficiency with networking protocols including TCP/IP, SSL VPN, DNS, DHCP
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure (AWS and GCP are a plus)
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting