Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated and professional Engineering Project Manager. At Amwell, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Engineering Operations Manager plays critical role in organizing and coordinating a wide variety of engineering and inter-team activities around software development and release. This role is highly collaborative and has the ability to drive successful change in Amwell becoming a world class Engineering team. This individual will own software development project deliverables across Amwell’s platform, including the oversight and drive of our contract vendor relationships in concert with Product Management, UX/UI, and Engineering Leadership.
- Own and actively manage Amwell’s R&D contractor relationships, providing detailed tracking and reporting into both our resource pipeline as well as quality and efficiency understanding of our vendors.
- Drive successful process change and improvement throughout our resource pipeline from project inception to delivery.
- Work with Engineering Operations to acquire and maintain a technical understanding of the Amwell platform deep enough to support projects, identify and communicate risks, and facilitate issue resolution.
- Work closely with Product Management, UX/UI, upper management, and other stakeholders on the planning, tracking and delivery of high quality software.
- Work under minimal supervision balancing multiple competing priorities while given wide latitude for independent judgment and decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field
- 2+ years experience in an Engineering Management role for a SaaS software company
- 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager overseeing multiple development efforts.
- Experience with Agile ALM tools like JIRA, Rally, etc.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate with other teams
- Strong ability to foster and maintain a positive and creative work environment for teams including resolving conflict within the team
- Experience with various sized co-located and geographically distributed teams a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art Telehealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all our users.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting