Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Provider Enrollment Specialist is responsible for the completion of all enrollment applications (including Medicare and Medicaid) for all providers including, but not limited to re-validation, reassignment of benefits, and renewal of appointment. The Provider Enrollment Specialist ensures all provider information is complete and accurate and all enrollment information is maintained and current within Amwell’s database and all other databases, including Medicare, Medicaid, CAQH, and others as required. This position requires the candidate to understand and integrate the hospital privileging process in with the enrollment of the provider into Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payors.
- Complete the enrollment application and enrollment of providers across all states as required by the hospital contract.
- Assist with the on-boarding process (internally/externally) to include: obtaining enrollment within established timelines.
- Ensure physician Medicare and Medicaid numbers along with payor credentialing requirements are renewed timely in support of the state guidelines for compliance
- Ensure departmental guidelines support all contracted hospital privileges and procedures
- Identify and analyze the physician information received to ensure accuracy
- Assist in the credentialing process by entering/logging/scanning information into credentialing system for initial, updated, and maintenance processes. MDStaff experience preferred
- Ensure provider CAQH profiles are updated in a timely manner; work with providers to ensure attestations and documents are current.
- Track the enrollment application process in order to promote compliance, process enhancement, and efficiency
- Maintain copies of current state licenses, DEA certificates, malpractice coverage and any other required Provider Enrollment documents for all providers
- Makes leadership aware of any potential derogatory issues identified during the Provider Enrollment process and works in collaboration with practitioner to document/resolve the issue
- Assist in the hospital credentialing process as needed; familiarity with hospital privileging is a plus.
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Physician Provider Enrollment experience required- at least 2 years of direct experience submitting Provider Enrollment applications to Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payors for physicians
- Hospital Credentialing experience preferred
- MD Staff Experience preferred
- Experience with Credentialing Accreditation by Joint Commission or National Committee for Quality Assurance an added benefit
Amwell Psychiatric Care supports facility based behavioral healthcare services nationally. You will work with a team of 4 credentialing coordinators to support payor credentialing for all Amwell Psychiatric Care clients. Amwell Psychiatric Care is based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Amwell is headquartered in Boston, MA with additional offices in Reston, VA and Seattle, WA. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- The equipment and resources needed to be successful working in a remote setting