Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual with expertise in Finance. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
About The Role:
The Finance Manager will play a critical role in the Finance department, joining a fast-paced and collaborative Financial Planning & Analysis team. Reporting to the VP, Financial Planning & Analysis, the individual will perform a variety of analytical tasks to develop thoughtful insights to leaders.
The Finance Manager will own our strategic business development and pricing modelling. Actively interpret and review financial results with the business leaders, including trends / issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses / recommendations. The dynamic candidate can work independently in a high-growth business environment.
In this role, you will:
- Build and manage business development financial / analytical models
- Create, analyze and support product pricing analysis
- Develop thoughtful insights on corporate and strategic initiatives
- Project manage cross functional data gathering and model generation
- Drive a standardized process of business development & pricing financial review
- Help with creation of Board of Directors and other Executive presentations
- Aid in collecting and analyzing relevant financial data for investor requests
- Ad hoc financial analysis and strategic projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Finance required.
- Expert Excel & PowerPoint skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of business drivers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Teamwork approach to working
- Ability to hit the ground running. Thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Experience in Software/Tech/Healthcare industries preferred
- MBA, CPA or CMA preferred
- Public Company experience is a bonus
- Experience with Workday Adaptive Insights & NetSuite
Should you join Amwell and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our Reston office is located at 12018 Sunrise Valley Drive. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complimentary shuttle service - runs throughout the day to shopping center and closest metro station
- On-site gym - Free 24/7 access with towels & toiletries provided
- Free parking in garage
- Fully stocked kitchen - complimentary fresh fruit, yogurt, snacks and beverages