Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Quality Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Clinical Quality Manager/Office. The Clinical Quality Office works towards developing and refining current processes to ensure the following goals are met:
- The Clinical Quality Office has a pulse on all clinical aspects throughout the practice.
- Mechanisms are in place to take immediate steps to correct issues that affect the quality of patient care and safety, provider satisfaction, compliance with government and regulatory bodies, and company risk and liability.
- Clinical data is collected accurately and efficiently.
- Reports to all internal and external customers are timely.
This position requires an individual that takes initiative and can work independently as well as with a team. Overall responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing and maintaining databases and files
- Collecting and collating data
- Investigating and resolving patient and client complaints
- Provides administrative support to the Clinical Quality Manager and Office
- Manages medical record requests.
- Manages prior authorization requests.
- Assists in resolving patient and client complaints.
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to manage initiatives and achieve goals and objectives with evolving and changing scope while managing expectations with internal/external.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio), Atlassian products (e.g., Confluence, JIRA), and Salesforce
- BA or BS Degree required, or equivalent 5 or more years of place for you on our team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
- 2+ years of work experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology valuable, but not required.
- Medical coding valuable, but not required.
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Ability to adapt to change while meeting deadlines.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to multi-task
- Interest in healthcare and innovative technologies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with SalesForce a plus, but not required.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.