This is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced, growing digital health startup. The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic, a joint venture between Cleveland Clinic and Amwell, was launched in 2019 to unlock access to the world's best healthcare expertise, so no one is left behind. This new company's initial focus is transforming the $5 billion global second opinion market, with a vision to expand into other telehealth solutions. The Clinic offers virtual care from Cleveland Clinic's highly specialized experts through Amwell's leading-edge digital health technology platform.
Cleveland Clinic is a nonprofit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. U.S. News & World Report consistently names Cleveland Clinic as one of the nation's best hospitals in its annual "America's Best Hospitals" survey.
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the U.S. and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell solutions are used by 240 health systems and 55 health plan partners, covering over 150 million lives.
This is an outstanding career opportunity to lead and execute the company's innovation strategy from ideation to product launch and management. We are looking for a results-driven Head of Innovation & Product Management to identify strategic opportunities, develop/validate compelling value propositions, lead development and execute cross-functional launch activities. They will create a product roadmap that is prioritized based on market insight and analysis of business opportunities. The leader must be an independent, creative problem-solver with a proven ability to meet strict deadlines and simultaneously lead multiple projects. Relentless customer focus, creative problem solving, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment are a must.
The position is ideally based in Boston or Cleveland, but remote candidates will be considered. The role reports directly to the CEO.
- Develop and refine our product strategy and innovation roadmap, and ensure alignment to our overall business strategy.
- Develop a realistic multi-year innovation pipeline for Second Opinions and New Digital Health solutions with a competitive value proposition, strong profit potential, and NPS
- Lead development and launch of new products and upgrades, working with Amwell and outsourced development resources.
- Oversee user validation and product research, including claim support
- Responsible for researching new digital health tools and research
- Work closely with Engineering, Clinical, Operations, Marketing, Analytics, and Sales team members to execute product launches
- Develop a strategy and platform for formally collecting and incorporating user and stakeholder needs and wants, closing the circle on our market-driven approach
- Facilitate positioning and pricing decisions in collaboration with Marketing, Finance, and client-facing teams
- Build strong relationships with Amwell and Cleveland Clinic teams to maximize opportunities for The Clinic's products and services
- 10 years' innovation and product management leadership and hands-on experience in a digitally-enabled business. Healthcare background is a must; experience working in the employer benefit and health plan services industry is a strong plus
- An understanding of cloud-based technologies and experience building and launching both web and mobile-based solutions
- Startup mentality essential, with demonstrated agility to lead product strategy in the morning and roll up their sleeves to execute in the afternoon. Able to manage multiple product initiatives to completion. Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience building and executing 12-24 month product roadmaps.
- Track record of developing user-centric product concepts and working with R&D within an innovation-led company. Experience ideating new concepts, assessing business value, and presenting business cases for prioritization and investment
- Expertise managing outsourced software development. Comfortable working with software development using Agile, SCRUM, and Lean UX principles to coordinate software development both onsite and remotely.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.