Senior Revenue Financial Analyst
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Senior revenue Financial Analyst will play a critical role in the Finance department, joining a fast-paced and collaborative Financial Planning & Analysis team. Reporting to the Financial Manager, FP&A, the individual will perform a variety of analytical tasks to develop thoughtful insights to leaders.
The Senior Revenue Financial Analyst will be focused on revenue analysis, determining progress against strategic plan, budget, and forecasts, as well as advising leadership on financial results. The Senior Revenue FA will actively develop new reporting and processes to drive actionable responses and accurate forecasts. The dynamic candidate can work independently in a high-growth business environment.
- Assist with deeper analysis of revenue and related metrics
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and real-time forecasts by taking ownership of the forecasting inputs and assumptions
- Build and manage financial/analytical reporting models involving complex factors
- Build and prepare monthly budget to actual reporting and variance analyses
- Understand, develop, contextualize and help monitor company KPIs
- Help with creation of Board of Directors and other Executive presentations
- Create financial and operational dashboards
- Aid in collecting and analyzing relevant financial data for investor requests
- Ad hoc financial analysis and strategic projects as requested
- Very strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Highly experienced in dynamic model building
- Ability to work with messy data and derive key insights
- Desire to drive efficiency, process improvement, and to enhance understanding of key forecasting levers
- Experience working with medium-sized datasets
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Ability to hit the ground running. Thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Teamwork approach to working
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A preferred.
- Experience in Software/Tech/Healthcare industries preferred
- Public Company experience is a bonus
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Financial Planning Software (e.g. Adaptive Insights)
- MBA, CPA or CMA preferred
Should you join American Well and the Finance team, you can expect:
Accounting and Finance is a service-oriented organization that is responsible for supporting the company's operations in all aspects of its business. We have deployed sophisticated enterprise resource planning solutions across the company in order to support the company’s growth to deliver actionable information to all stakeholders. The Accounting and Finance team is made up of dedicated professional team members.
Our day to day work involves dealing with complex accounting and tax matters and building sophisticated financial models to support key company decisions including cost-benefit and ROI models. Our organization is charged with the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, tax compliance and planning, customer claims processing and management, customer invoicing, payroll, financial systems.
If you wish to join a collaborative organization that works hard but has fun this is the place for you!
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym – free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Café lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.